Want to know the name of a technique?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
+ Add Reply
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Topic: Want to know the name of a technique?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    shiaaron151 started this thread.
      shiaaron151's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default I want to know the name of a technique.

    does anyone here know about that technique that is often used in videos, in which the foreground is in focus but then the focus moves to the background as the foreground gets blurred out? I would like to know what that technique is called, so that I can google it and learn how to use it. If any of you know how to do it and would like to tell me, that would be great too.

    Related Topics:
    Last edited by shiaaron151; 07-01-2018 at 07:13 AM.

  2. #2
    Pro Member   Anonymous Filmmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Somewhere in the Milky Way galaxy...
    Post Thanks / Like


    It is called a rack focus. A lens, typically with a wide open aperture and/or a higher focal length on manual focus can give you this effect.


+ Add Reply

Tags for this Thread

Contributing Members

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Twitter