Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short Documentary on Depression.

Hey everyone,

For over a year, I've suffered from depression, but have always been interested in film for as long as I could remember. I am now 19 and go to film school.

I directed a short documentary with the aim of raising awareness to the severity of depression.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6VYwu_bmas]End of Line - YouTube[/ame]

I hope you like it, and I'm open to thoughts and criticism. I do aim to make a feature length version, covering many other aspects of depression.

Please share it around!

You should make a feature film. Do some interviews with yourself and others, and how they overcame. - My thoughts
    Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
      You should make a feature film. Do some interviews with yourself and others, and how they overcame. - My thoughts
      Thanks for your feedback! That's what I was going for, but I was also thinking that instead of making a feature film, a series of short episodes centered around a different person each episode.

What do you think?

Comment

I think the feature film is a better way to start. It wil give you exposure to your cause. You can begin filming others for the series and have the film mention the series to draw more attention to it. This is just my thoughts on it. I know what a struggle depression is, I battle post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) on an almost daily basis and I am glad someone is talking about depression as a whole. Keep up the great work.

Comment

Originally posted by Sladewalker View Post
          Thanks for your feedback! That's what I was going for, but I was also thinking that instead of making a feature film, a series of short episodes centered around a different person each episode.

What do you think?
          Avoid the short episodes - This will just cause a headache with getting distribution of the film, and you want distribution so thousands of people can see your work and you could help many people.

Comment

Thanks both of you for your replies. It seems like the feature film is the way to go, you both present very valid points.

Thanks again guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Sladewalker View Post
              Thanks both of you for your replies. It seems like the feature film is the way to go, you both present very valid points.

Thanks again guys.
              Feel free to "thank" the posts - I will be having a competition soon to see who can get the most thanks in a week :)

Comment

Working...
              X