Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shun | Experimental Short Film

Hey, Charlie here.
    Atmospheric/Distressing Experimental Short. Enjoy.

Last edited by CharlieBradfordFilms; 01-26-2014, 06:00 AM.
    youtube.com/abstractpotentialpro

very dark!

Comment

Very Dark in deed. It would have been ten times better if you didn't show that guy with the beard, BUT if you only showed the shadow parts right after, now that was creepy!
      Last edited by Jimmy; 01-24-2014, 10:14 AM. Reason: cheange dead to deed

Comment

Thanks! I may be with you on the bearded guy part. I'll see how it looks without him - thanks for the advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
          It would have been ten times better if you didn't show that guy with the beard
          In my opinion the guy with the beard sounds very good in the shot, indeed I think it's the thing that most attracted me :D

Comment

Very Dark in deed. It would have been ten times better if you didn't show that guy with the beard, BUT if you only showed the shadow parts right after, now that was creepy!
            I completely agree. But aside from that, it was really good! The sound design really made it.
            -AF

sigpic

Comment

I'm going to be replacing this video with the adjusted version shortly. Thanks for all of your feedback!

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieBradfordFilms View Post
                I'm going to be replacing this video with the adjusted version shortly. Thanks for all of your feedback!
                Also, there was one of the fades that didn't feel quite right, I forget where it was.
                -AF

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous Filmmaker View Post
                  Also, there was one of the fades that didn't feel quite right, I forget where it was.
                  Oh hey, I have something really cool to tell you AF - but I just forgot

;)

Had to!

Comment

Oh hey, I have something really cool to tell you AF - but I just forgot

;)

Had to!
                    It was at 1:37. So what did you have to tell me? :D
                    -AF

sigpic

Comment

Video is back up, with adjustments. I'm more pleased with it now ;)

Comment

Amazing work! I loved the camerawork and mood/atmosphere that was created with the piece. Truly fantastic. It would be really neat to see this style put to a narrative feature. Although the text at the beginning was incredibly distracting and in my opinion, should/could be cut, but that's just personal taste. For an almost four minute short film, credits taking up a quarter of the film (then some at the end) really took me out of the experience. That last bit with the hand gave me chills.

Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I'm glad you liked it. I'll definitely consider what you said regarding the text/credits, thanks.

Comment

The final edit of the film is now up, and it's just how I want it. Thanks again for all the feedback!

Comment

Working...
                            X