The Stalker.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Stalker.

The Stalker is a short film that we shot spur of the moment to take advantage of the fog and eerie atmosphere due to the cold front that had moved into our small town. I shot this more as an experiment in visual storytelling with no dialogue. I shot on a flat profile and color graded in post. Hope you guys enjoy it.

http://youtu.be/fM7sFJ2TVQ4

Nice! Love the fog.
    Being the contrarian type that I am - and loving a twist - I think it would be fun to do something like that where the stalkee keeps looking over their shoulder for the stalker, can't quite see them, gets creeped out, and at the end it turns out to be the woman's husband (or, better, the man's wife). Then you can leave it open-ended as to whether or not their was any evil intention.

Just brainstorming...love your fog :)
    Screenwriter and script consultant: www.maralesemann.com

Comment

I agree Mara. There is a lot missing from the short. I had originally toyed with the idea of her turning the tables on him but it was freezing and damp so we wrapped. It was a hey it looks cool outside who wants to go throw something together to take advantage of the atmosphere kinda thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsthompson79 View Post
        I agree Mara. There is a lot missing from the short. I had originally toyed with the idea of her turning the tables on him but it was freezing and damp so we wrapped. It was a hey it looks cool outside who wants to go throw something together to take advantage of the atmosphere kinda thing.
        I totally get it! Fun piece.
        Screenwriter and script consultant: www.maralesemann.com

Comment

Again you show your latest on the fly abilities!

Some times though if you just take a few extra minutes and add some well placed sound effects it would really increase the tension
          Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

Comment

I think this could totally be epic. The "stalker" kind of killed it for me because the face. The face looked too "I know I am being filmed but I am trying hard not to pay attention". I am running into that issue of one of my actors having that same "look". When he is off camera he can look super creepy and how I see him in this short I am working on but the moment that he knows he's being filmed, he goes back to the "look" haha I friggin love where you filmed this though. Jealous about that. I wish I had a place around here that looked like that.

Comment

Originally posted by JustinGrimaldo View Post
              I think this could totally be epic. The "stalker" kind of killed it for me because the face. The face looked too "I know I am being filmed but I am trying hard not to pay attention". I am running into that issue of one of my actors having that same "look". When he is off camera he can look super creepy and how I see him in this short I am working on but the moment that he knows he's being filmed, he goes back to the "look" haha I friggin love where you filmed this though. Jealous about that. I wish I had a place around here that looked like that.
              Well in the defense of the actor. It was his first time in front of the camera so it will get better the more we work with each other. It is only the 2nd time he and I had ever talked too so. Yeah that answers that :) I am glad you enjoyed the location. It is our square in a small middle of nowhere Texas town. It is all decorated for Christmas and we had a heavy heavy fog roll in the night I filmed this.

Comment

nice! The music really made that creepy. This actually looked really good to have just been shot on the fly.

Comment

Originally posted by MrJay10 View Post
                  nice! The music really made that creepy. This actually looked really good to have just been shot on the fly.
                  Thank you I am glad you enjoyed it. Time from conception to wrap of filming was about an hour. That includes the time it took to convince the two to film with me, shoot and do retakes. We live in the area so I already knew where I wanted to shoot once I saw how it looked outside. Preproduction consisted of what can we shoot fast, without a lot of commotion, and make it creepy. Then we did a quick walkthrough looking at angles to best achieve the look I wanted. After that filming and editing.

Comment

Nice! A few comments: I loved the fog. The music was fitting as well. Overall I liked the tone, but at one point the vignette really gets to be too much; detracting from the image and calling attention away from the video. I would change the opening title as well, either get rid of it or make it simpler. Overall I really liked it though. Great job!
                    -AF

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous Filmmaker View Post
                      Nice! A few comments: I loved the fog. The music was fitting as well. Overall I liked the tone, but at one point the vignette really gets to be too much; detracting from the image and calling attention away from the video. I would change the opening title as well, either get rid of it or make it simpler. Overall I really liked it though. Great job!
                      I had to go back and look at my grading for the film after reading your comment about vignette. I actually did not use one in the film. I did however use horizontal bars at the top and bottom of the image to frame the image in shadow. I also used a spot exposure for blue on my actor or actresses. Maybe that is what is causing the effect you are seeing. I agree on the Title though. Titles and Credits are my weak points right now. No matter what I do I can't seem to get either of them right or make them look the way I want. Thanks for watching.

Comment

I was in texas a few months ago and loved some of the locations. My mom lives in New Mexico...So I am going to try and work something out to where I can film in both states. There are so many amazing locations that could be used.

Comment

Originally posted by JustinGrimaldo View Post
                          I was in texas a few months ago and loved some of the locations. My mom lives in New Mexico...So I am going to try and work something out to where I can film in both states. There are so many amazing locations that could be used.
                          Awesome. I am closer to Oklahoma, Arkansas and Louisiana than New Mexico so the buildings and landscapes are different here. We're in a wooded area and the further west you go the more hills and desert the state becomes. Good luck with your projects.

Comment

Very cool for on-the-fly filming!

Comment

Working...
                            X