Warning: Use of undefined constant THIS_SCRIPT - assumed 'THIS_SCRIPT' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/filmmakerforum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(369) : eval()'d code on line 25 Quentin Tarantino's next film to be a Western - Filmmaker Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quentin Tarantino's next film to be a Western

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quentin Tarantino's next film to be a Western

I am a big QT fan, and got really excited when I saw this footage.

Quentin Tarantino explains the genre of his next film

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5ck9Ci0zN4

Not so sure I am really happy it will be another western. It makes me wonder who he will try to offend this time. Lately his movies seem to push the boundary on saying words that are not socially acceptable such as the N word in Django and the many insults he used for the German's in Inglorious Basterds. Maybe it has always been there but I have noticed it more with those films.

Comment

I'm split on what I think of QT. He's made some fantastic films, but shows no maturity as a director. Not saying that you have to make long epic films, or subtle melodramas, but he makes the same film over and over - but put into a different setting. He's going to tell a story of vengeance through hyper stylized violence with a gory finale, as well as bizarre stereotypes and often times political/social/religious/racial tension. I think his image is somewhat artificial and makes his films violent because he's aware of the controversy that will result from his films, which will attract attention and make the film more successful because of people's interest in the current popular topic. Gossip magazines will blow it out of proportion, news stations will make it a big topic, and people on the internet will rant and argue over the film seeing that Tarantino has diehard fans and enraged haters - which is common in directors with a unique and unmatchable style. It's almost as if he wants people like Spike Lee to be angered about his work. It seems like his films are gimmicks. Very, very, very entertaining gimmicks.

But I'll still watch and enjoy his films. Although I wish he'd go back to his roots. I loved Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs. They were entertaining, unique, and innovative. Pulp Fiction brought the non-linear narrative style back/to the mainstream Hollywood system, and Reservoir Dogs showed how much can be done with so little. Now, his movies just seem to be senseless violence. I'm not saying that movies have to be highly philosophical or enlightening, but I feel dumbed down by movies like Django and Inglorious Bastards. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed and hope he at some point makes a more complex, interesting, and human movie like Pulp Fiction or Reservoir Dogs. I want to see characters full of depth and humanity. Mr. Pink or Jules anyone? :)

Comment

I have faith in this mad man. At least it's not Kill Bill 3 as rumoured
        "Nobody knows anything"

Comment

Working...
        X