Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My New Film, The Art of Dreaming, is Online

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My New Film, The Art of Dreaming, is Online

    My short film, who's distribution plan I asked advice on a month or so ago, is now online. I decided for now to require people to sign up to my mailing list to watch it for free. I hope the process is not too cumbersome.

    The Art of Dreaming is a 40-minute mini-feature about a young woman mourning the death of her mother who finds that her dream life begins to invade her waking world. It was shot on a micro-budget at New York City locations both exotic and mundane. It has a wonderful lead performance by up-and-coming actress Kate Villanova, practical and digital effects, and a great score by composer Lenny Gonzalez.

    We also just got our first review, from Philip Smolen of Rogue Cinema: "eerie, enticing, it immediately got under my skin."

    You can access it from:

    www.bobdenatale.com
    www.theartofdreamingfilm.com

    Check it out, and let me know what you think!

  • #2
    Do you have any links to the film that do not require signing up for a mailing list? Most people are not going to go for that.

    Comment


    • #3
      I've spent much of the past few days getting my e-mail address OFF of mailing lists...
      Screenwriter and script consultant: www.maralesemann.com

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Mick Scarborough View Post
        Do you have any links to the film that do not require signing up for a mailing list? Most people are not going to go for that.
        I think the idea here was he would offer the film for free if the people would join the list. How is that coming Bob?
        Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

        Comment


        • #5
          Hey, Mick, I think you're right and have decided to put a watch page directly available on my site. I just found out there'll be another online review coming out, and I don't want to lose momentum.

          Here's the link:

          http://www.bobdenatale.com/watch-the-art-of-dreaming/
          Last edited by Bob DeNatale; 10-03-2013, 08:56 AM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Nick Soares View Post
            I think the idea here was he would offer the film for free if the people would join the list. How is that coming Bob?
            I've noticed a lot of people filling out the contact form, but not taking the final (and legally-mandated) step of replying to the confirm email they are sent in order to get the link to watch the movie.

            So for reasons mentioned above (to not lose momentum) I've decided to eliminate that requirement and just urge people to sign up if they like the movie.

            http://www.bobdenatale.com/watch-the-art-of-dreaming/

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by mara View Post
              I've spent much of the past few days getting my e-mail address OFF of mailing lists...
              Hopefully you didn't remove FilmmakerForum.Org :)
              Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Nick Soares View Post
                Hopefully you didn't remove FilmmakerForum.Org :)
                Nope!
                :)
                Screenwriter and script consultant: www.maralesemann.com

                Comment


                • #9
                  This was a good movie, Great job and good work....

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Thanks so much, Aaron. So glad you liked it!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I like the way you worked the mask in. At first I thought wow, this is going to be cheesy. Then I understood the purpose. Very nice! I love the way you explored all the erotic realistic feelings and mood swings. I hope this film does well bro!
                      Last edited by Aaron Jones; 10-05-2013, 05:22 AM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I really liked this!
                        -AF

                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Aaron Jones View Post
                          I like the way you worked the mask in. At first I thought wow, this is going to be cheesy. Then I understood the purpose. Very nice! I love the way you explored all the erotic realistic feelings and mood swings. I hope this film does well bro!
                          I'm glad you got what we were doing with the mask. It was always supposed to look a little fake.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Anonymous Filmmaker View Post
                            I really liked this!
                            Thanks!

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X