Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Behold...Someone Get Sam....(Video Inside)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behold...Someone Get Sam....(Video Inside)

Here it is!! I hope you guys enjoy it. Regardless of the critiques, I had a lot of fun making it and connecting with new actors, crew members, etc. Thanks in advance guys for supporting me through all of this. You guys are awesome!!! Btw, it looks so much better in HD, so switch to that for the best viewing experience. If you guys have any questions about the production like what camera I used, budget, etc, feel free to ask :) blahhhhhhh! Enjoy!!!

Wow! That was amazing! Very solid short. Keep up the good work!
    -AF

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, what camera and lenses did you use? It looks like a rebel and a 50mm 1.8 or a sigma 30mm

Comment

Originally posted by Jfvideos View Post
        Yeah, what camera and lenses did you use? It looks like a rebel and a 50mm 1.8 or a sigma 30mm
        I used a standard t3i with an 18-135 canon zoom lens.

Comment

I loved it! Shot absolutely beautifully, and I was hooked from start to finish. I feel like a lot of this was inspired by Tarantino, am I right?

Also, how did you budget this film? I'm really looking to make something like this myself t some point in the future.
          "Nobody knows anything"

Comment

Hey MrJay! Very nice buddy!

That was pretty neat! Good job on your shots, good job on audio and your editing.

Very proud of you man!
            Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

Comment

I liked it. The T3i did very well and you nailed the "film-like" settings. Your depth of field was nice and the colour grading and saturation were well done. It follows the 3 act structure well and has a clear story. The only things I found I would do different is the bra she was wearing was not period correct and this is a danger when doing period films. There was a grammatical error in the opening as well but wow this rates as a very good short. That aside, this was an enviable project and I look forward to more from you.

The patch wearing bounty hunter looks just like Steve "Patch" Johnson from 1980s vintage Days of Our Lives.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterDisaster View Post
                I loved it! Shot absolutely beautifully, and I was hooked from start to finish. I feel like a lot of this was inspired by Tarantino, am I right?

Also, how did you budget this film? I'm really looking to make something like this myself t some point in the future.
                haha! i mean I love Tarantino, but no this wasn't really inspired by him. It was more inspired by just being a huge spaghetti western fan of all those old B films. I think the way I used the music and edited it kinda made it look Tarantino-ish though. But I won't take that as a bad thing! I always love putting in old music.

As far as budgeting. This was shot for really just about $1,000 total. The way I had to teach myself from day 1 and being forced to use crap equipment for so long, it's really helped me to learn how to make use of what I have.
                Last edited by MrJay10; 09-14-2013, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Scarborough View Post
                  I liked it. The T3i did very well and you nailed the "film-like" settings. Your depth of field was nice and the colour grading and saturation were well done. It follows the 3 act structure well and has a clear story. The only things I found I would do different is the bra she was wearing was not period correct and this is a danger when doing period films. There was a grammatical error in the opening as well but wow this rates as a very good short. That aside, this was an enviable project and I look forward to more from you.

The patch wearing bounty hunter looks just like Steve "Patch" Johnson from 1980s vintage Days of Our Lives.
                  hahahaha [at] the steve patch johnson thing.

Also which grammatical error? I haven't premiered it yet, so I still have time to fix it :)
                  Last edited by MrJay10; 09-14-2013, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterDisaster View Post

hahaha i mean I love Tarantino, but no this wasn't really inspired by him. It was more inspired by a bunch of old spaghetti western B films. I think the way I used the music and edited it kinda made it look Tarantino-ish though. But I won't take that as a bad thing! I always love putting in old music.

Comment

In the scrolling at the start, you mention the "manhunt of deathly proportions". That should be "deadly". Again, this was an enjoyable film.

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Scarborough View Post
                        In the scrolling at the start, you mention the "manhunt of deathly proportions". That should be "deadly". Again, this was an enjoyable film.
                        ohh thanks for letting me know! But i appreciate the compliments though.

Comment

I can't remember where, but a couple of times you crossed the line.

What did you use for audio?
                          Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Soares View Post
                            I can't remember where, but a couple of times you crossed the line.

What did you use for audio?
                            A rode videomic with a windmuff. And a homemade boom pole lol.

Comment

I absolutely loved this, Mr. J! From the Wild Wild West opening to the spaghetti Western music. Outstanding!
                              L A Morgan
                              Novels, Screenplays, Short Scripts, and Music
                              http://lamorganwriter.com

Comment

Working...
                              X