Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Force: Homicide

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Force: Homicide

    I've been rambling about this for weeks, and now I can finally show you guys.

    A few things I'd like to point out:

    This is the first time that I have ever tried to do a film like this; a film that included the hiring of actors, gaining consent for location shooting and avoiding copyright all together - making a professional short film.

    Homicide is intended to be a reboot to a series that myself and Matt (the protagonist of the film) where a part of as kids that had massive potential in my opinion, but did not deliver considering our lack of experience. This is the first of the rebooted series of films.

    The story follows the psychological battle that the protagonist must fight in order to bring a serial killer to justice.

    I would really appreciate your feedback. I know it's a long film, and I hope that it's worth your time!

    Here's my first 'big' film:


    Also, special thanks to Vance for letting us use music from his band in the film, featured in the opening and closing of the film.
    Last edited by The Camera Man; 07-27-2013, 05:28 AM.
    "Nobody knows anything"

  • #2
    Keep it up Master, try and get more shots and angles so you can keep the audience's eyes moving. looking forward for the next one! Are you going to submit this to the FMF festival?
    Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Nick Soares View Post
      Keep it up Master, try and get more shots and angles so you can keep the audience's eyes moving. looking forward for the next one! Are you going to submit this to the FMF festival?
      Your feedback is very much appreciated, thank you sir. I've offered to be one of he judges for the festival, which takes away my ability to enter unfortunately
      "Nobody knows anything"

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by MasterDisaster View Post
        Your feedback is very much appreciated, thank you sir. I've offered to be one of he judges for the festival, which takes away my ability to enter unfortunately
        Well if there are to many judges there will be no one to submit then :)
        Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Nick Soares View Post
          Well if there are to many judges there will be no one to submit then :)
          True. I'd like to submit the film. We'll see what happens
          "Nobody knows anything"

          Comment


          • #6
            Nice! Very well done. I only have a few comments. First, some of the color correction/white balance was off. Next time, pay a little more attention to the color. Next, don't use zoom. Always shoot at a single focal length; it makes it look more professional. Overall very well done, and I can't wait to see more!
            -AF

            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              That's some great music you have in there! ;-)

              Seriously, though, the way you use the sound and music was really good. That opening pub montage was great.

              I would point out that your actors are just way too young to be believable in their roles. Because of this, it kind of comes off as a high school play.

              Good job and I can see you put a lot of work into this.

              Comment


              • #8
                I've been with you this since you first started the thread and I've read the other comments. The music is perfect, Vance, but the dark scenes need to be corrected. The major character may be young, but from what I saw, I believe he's seen a lot of controversy in his life and is an intelligent individual. All in all, I'm still intrigued by the concept and want to see more. Congratulations on your bringing a childhood film into fruition.
                L A Morgan
                Novels, Screenplays, Short Scripts, and Music
                http://lamorganwriter.com

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by L A Morgan View Post
                  The major character may be young, but from what I saw, I believe he's seen a lot of controversy in his life and is an intelligent individual.
                  Yeah, I was wary of his appearance before production. He was the protagonist in our childhood series also, but he has a very high understanding of the police service and public services in general, and is an aspiring police officer. He helped out allot when it came to making scenes relative of an actual police situation.

                  I'll say that I definitely, definitely think that this could be allot better, but considering it's my first time ever doing something like this, it's an experience that will contribute to the next production, which more than likely will be in production at University. I'm still looking to create that film that I can say I am proud of.

                  All of the feedback means allot to me, thanks everyone!
                  "Nobody knows anything"

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I just saw Endeavor on Masterpiece Mystery and the theme is similar to The Force. There's a young police detective, trying to prove himself, so this has already been done. He breaks a few rules in order to solve the case. I'm a big fan of crime dramas, and I'd like to make a few suggestions on how you can move on with your project (and I do hope you do). There's a lot more action, clever forensics, and comic banter in the top American crime shows. If you write that into your script, I believe you'll have a good success formula. Now have a cuppa and think about it. Good luck!
                    L A Morgan
                    Novels, Screenplays, Short Scripts, and Music
                    http://lamorganwriter.com

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by L A Morgan View Post
                      I just saw Endeavor on Masterpiece Mystery and the theme is similar to The Force. There's a young police detective, trying to prove himself, so this has already been done. He breaks a few rules in order to solve the case. I'm a big fan of crime dramas, and I'd like to make a few suggestions on how you can move on with your project (and I do hope you do). There's a lot more action, clever forensics, and comic banter in the top American crime shows. If you write that into your script, I believe you'll have a good success formula. Now have a cuppa and think about it. Good luck!
                      Couldn't agree with you more. I assure you, if we do this again, we will be spending ALLOT more time on the script, which will include all of the juicy action, forensics and banter. With this one, I was the scriptwriter, which was a role that I wasn't too interested in, but took considering that the idea was mine and that it was a college project with only two members - we had to separate tasks between ourselves.

                      If The Force is to be produced again sometime next year in University, we'll make sure that all your policey needs are tended to. Thanks for the tips!
                      "Nobody knows anything"

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Sorry I'm going to be a jerk here but I see you doing this in almost all your posts and it's really bugging me! :-)

                        The word you are looking for is "a lot" not "allot." "Allot" means to give out or distribute something. "A lot" is the opposite of "a little."

                        Thanks for bearing with me while I get that out my system.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Vance Baryn View Post
                          Sorry I'm going to be a jerk here but I see you doing this in almost all your posts and it's really bugging me! :-)

                          The word you are looking for is "a lot" not "allot." "Allot" means to give out or distribute something. "A lot" is the opposite of "a little."

                          Thanks for bearing with me while I get that out my system.
                          I... I don't know what to say.. English was always my strong point...

                          In all seriousness, thanks 'a lot'
                          "Nobody knows anything"

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I like how it opened! Really clever. The lead actor I thought did a great job with his part, although he liked to rub his face a lot lol.

                            All in all for a first time film, this is really solid man. Way better than anything I could have done for my first. The writing and acting made it worth watching for me. Always love a good murder mystery anyways!
                            Last edited by MrJay10; 07-09-2013, 04:40 AM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Very very cool.
                              NewmanAtHome

                              Twitter: [at]NewmanAtHome
                              Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Filmsforthefuture

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X