RENO: Operation 47 - [Short Film]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RENO: Operation 47 - [Short Film]

A short film I recently finished and uploaded. It features my first stab at realistic punches, and I worked a bit harder on sound design and shot framing this go around. Would appreciate some feedback.

Youtube Description: When a security division agent turns against the FIRM and sells vital codes to the enemy, Zeus turns to the only man he can trust, RENO. But when he is held and interrogated for information, can he handle it? A homage to 80's action flicks.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/RedOnyxProductions
    YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/RedOnyxProductions
    Red Onyx Productions

Nice job! The acting was a bit on and off, but very well done for a small film. The interrogation scene is pretty good. When the lady and the guy are talking (not sure of their names,) I think that would be better with just a locked down camera or a dolly, no zoom. Also, when they get shot looks pretty fake. Also, the lady doesn't have any blood after she got shot. Nice color correction, lighting, music, and overall camera angles. Keep up the good work!
    -AF

sigpic

Comment

The shooting the editing was great the plot fairly solid the acting was ok to poor overall fairly well done! Keep up the good work!

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous Filmmaker View Post
        Nice job! The acting was a bit on and off, but very well done for a small film. The interrogation scene is pretty good. When the lady and the guy are talking (not sure of their names,) I think that would be better with just a locked down camera or a dolly, no zoom. Also, when they get shot looks pretty fake. Also, the lady doesn't have any blood after she got shot. Nice color correction, lighting, music, and overall camera angles. Keep up the good work!
        Thanks for watching, before I cut it together the punches looked pretty fake. In the end they worked pretty well. Still working on the blood effect, I have used it in films before and just can't seem to get it looking right.

Originally posted by brianknapp View Post
        The shooting the editing was great the plot fairly solid the acting was ok to poor overall fairly well done! Keep up the good work!
        Appreciate the feedback, I plan on doing just that. ;)
        Red Onyx Productions

Comment

That was very good, exciting. I think the opening music was a little too loud and the footsteps and voices needed some padding. When the main character threatens the woman, you might want to show her expression before she finally relents.
          L A Morgan
          Novels, Screenplays, Short Scripts, and Music
          http://lamorganwriter.com

Comment

Originally posted by L A Morgan View Post
            That was very good, exciting. I think the opening music was a little too loud and the footsteps and voices needed some padding. When the main character threatens the woman, you might want to show her expression before she finally relents.
            Glad you liked it. Good advice, I should have thrown in that reaction shot. Pardon my asking, but what exactly does audio padding mean? (Still working on a lot of the filmmaking terms.)
            Red Onyx Productions

Comment

That's funny. I'm still working on my filmmaking terms. So far, I'm just a writer. By padding, I meant acoustic dampening (I think).
              Can someone else explain this better?
              L A Morgan
              Novels, Screenplays, Short Scripts, and Music
              http://lamorganwriter.com

Comment

These look like my videos, but something I have started to do was to start backlighting the actors instead of having the light in front or not just one light shining right in front of them at a low angle. You should experiment with bakclighting and see what you like.

Jimmy

Comment

Originally posted by L A Morgan View Post
                  That's funny. I'm still working on my filmmaking terms. So far, I'm just a writer. By padding, I meant acoustic dampening (I think).
                  Can someone else explain this better?
                  I think I understand what you are getting at.

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
                  These look like my videos, but something I have started to do was to start backlighting the actors instead of having the light in front or not just one light shining right in front of them at a low angle. You should experiment with bakclighting and see what you like.

Jimmy
                  I wanted to go traditional on this one, will probably try that in the near future.
                  Red Onyx Productions

Comment

Working...
                  X