Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is This?

This is a real video.

It comes from our security system. We were at Disneyland in CA when this was being shot in NJ. It freaked me out when I saw it. What would cause this?

??????????? Freaky!!!!!!!!!!!!
    -AF

sigpic

Comment

It is a bug. They have shown something similar on fact or faked. It has something to do with the speed at which the camera is recording and something to do with the night vision settings. They called it spiraling rods. Check out Season 2 episode 209 here. They don't have the video online apparently but that is the recap of the show.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsthompson79 View Post
        It is a bug. They have shown something similar on fact or faked. It has something to do with the speed at which the camera is recording and something to do with the night vision settings. They called it spiraling rods. Check out Season 2 episode 209 here. They don't have the video online apparently but that is the recap of the show.
        So it's just a "defect' in the night vision aspect of the camera?It doesn't say much in the recap. Would it only happen once? I have plenty of night vision recordings and nothing else appears on any of the other videos. Whatever it is, it's cool. A murder suicide did happen in our house.

Comment

By slowing the shutter speed, they also allow more light to enter the lens, thus producing images of longer length and greater luminosity. With this deft move, they've created the perfect conditions to replicate the video they first examined. From the website I linked. Below is the full episode for sale on Youtube.

http://youtu.be/vm4Cw4v94bk

I am not discounting ghosts or the paranormal. I fully believe in them but I am 99% certain that is a bug. I seen the episode when they first aired it and it looks identical to me. However if you feel that it is a spirit then by all means keep filming and try to communicate.

Comment

I discount anything supernatural. I watched that show, and it's kind of similar. But, my bug is all over the place.

I tried to recreate the look and was semi successful. It's freaky, I took cat toys and tossed them past the lense and it was a little succcesful. The weird part came when echos of the movement started appearing all over the screen.

The only way for this to be a bug is it would have to be right up against the lense. What makes it cool and a film technique is how the bug close to the lense looked like it was landing on the pillow.

Comment

Although I believe in ghosts, I think this video was faked. When the "ghost" reaches the door, it looks like she's stepping around a transluscent screen for a instant, and you can see it's a real person. I think this screen was covering the whole hallway up to that point. What do you think? When she turns, you can briefly see her reflection in the cabinet mirror.
              Last edited by L A Morgan; 06-15-2013, 05:31 PM.
              L A Morgan
              Novels, Screenplays, Short Scripts, and Music
              http://lamorganwriter.com

Comment

Are you talking about the show video? Where the ghost is walking down the hall.That looked completely fake.

Comment

Working...
                X