Following The Script

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Following The Script

After firing the first actress because everything was more important to her than shooting, I hired a second actress who was certifiable. We were close to being done, but I couldn't get the actors to show up, than the supporting actress lost all her costumes. Finally, one of the actors said he'd be willing to recast the second lead, and shoot everything over. My fake Producer decided to help, and he found someone willing to give thousands of $ to the project. The deal was I send the script, they shoot the script and give me the footage.

What you're about to see is the edits of my original actress, and than the new footage shot by these folks using the SAME SCRIPT. This is not a joke. It's just pathetic funny.

the business side of things....well, ain't so much fun.

BTW than=then

Comment

haha I hope this doesn't happen to me on my film

Comment

So you are telling me. You wrote a script, sent it off, they filmed this with 2 different actresses and this is what you got back in return?
        http://www.youtube.com/user/TheOnlyHavey

Comment

Don't you just love that audio buzz at 2:54.

Comment

One day I'm going to get "than and then" right. Maybe not.

Comment

I wouldn't wish anything that happened on this shoot on my worst enemy.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo 88 View Post
                BTW than=then

Comment

Originally posted by MrJay10 View Post
                  haha I hope this doesn't happen to me on my film
                  I wouldn't wish anything that happened on this shoot on my worst enemy.

Comment

Originally posted by Havey View Post
                    So you are telling me. You wrote a script, sent it off, they filmed this with 2 different actresses and this is what you got back in return?
                    No.

In Feb 2011 I cast and started shooting this movie. The first version in the video was done by me with the original actress who I ended up firing. The second actress in the video was also hired by me. She truly has mental problems. It was a mess. The actor sitting in the chair worked on both productions. He wanted and deserved a finished product. But, it wasn't happening with me around. So, we agreed in April 2012 that I'd give him the script, he'd hire a new supporting actress (my actress lost all her costumes, and wouldn't come to shoot), he'd direct and give me the footage.

I edited both versions to show them the difference between my version and their version. I literally have no idea what they were thinking or doing. That scene is the opening of the movie. George is describing the lead in the movie he's going to make, and we're seeing an actress living that life. While you might not like my version, it at least follows the script. Their version not so much. Though their sex scene is classic.

The thing that really confounds me it's the same DP throughout.

I'm criticizing their work, because they didn't do what they were suppose to do, shoot the pages of my script. But, in the end, I accept full responsibility for this failure. I made some of the worst casting choices ever. The first actress was a flake who had numerous posts by a previous director asking "Why won't you get in touch with me, we need to do ADR". I knew the second actress had problems, I just didn't think they'd interfere with getting the job done, and they did. She shot one day and than I get an e-mail saying she's in the hospital. That was just the beginning of a long awful road.

Anyway, I'm making a demo movie out of the footage for a few of the actors. I'm taking all 3 CASTS and have enough to make an actual watchable film. There are scenes where the actresses change from room to room, and it doesn't bother the people I've shown it to.

Comment

Just remember this rule.

If it's spelled with an "a" Than "It's better than being dead."

If it's spelled with an "e" Then, it's a time "Then we will all know better."

Comment

Well, your directed version was better. I did have a problem with the blocking of the final scene of the guy sitting in the chair. It just felt awkward. The way he's sitting makes him look like he's sitting at a school desk that's two sizes too small.

Comment

Originally posted by UniqueAmI View Post
                          Always blame it on Apple dictation.
                          Composer, Producer - www.adamspade.com

Comment

Originally posted by Director View Post
                            Just remember this rule.

If it's spelled with an "a" Than "It's better than being dead."

If it's spelled with an "e" Then, it's a time "Then we will all know better."

I am going to try to remember that. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                            X