Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calm Before The Storm (Short Film)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Calm Before The Storm (Short Film)

    Hey guys, so I had some free time today, got really bored, grabbed my camera and went outside. I spent about an hour just filming really random things. Didn't use any equipment, except a tripod. Then came in and spent about 45 minutes slapping this together. Its really nothing special, so don't expect much. Just something short and simple. Had fun filming and editing it, even though it was only for a little bit.

    Working on bigger projects so be on the look out for those.

    If you like it please drop a like and subscribe. Thanks guys! :)

    http://www.youtube.com/user/TheOnlyHavey

  • #2
    Really cool. I like it a lot. As a music composer I'm curious where the music is from. The music works so well. I felt like something was about to happen throughout.

    Nice job. Simple and creative. kinda why I like coming to this forum.

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks a lot man!
      http://www.youtube.com/user/TheOnlyHavey

      Comment


      • #4
        Havey your a filmmaker and I love it, because when your bored you film :) That is a good sign
        Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

        Comment


        • #5
          Great vid! Considering the time spent, that was amazing. The music really holds it together. Personally, I think you could have taken the color correction a bit farther. Also, I didn't love the slight zoom at around 1:08. One last thing is that filming the same thing at the beginning and the end is a cool idea, but I didn't love the camera movement on the last shot. Overall, great job creating an atmosphere!
          -AF

          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Thanks a lot Nick! Means a lot my friend.

            And AF, I know what you mean. I just overall didn't get enough footage before it started raining and I wanted to use up to that point in the song. I didn't even notice the zoom til you just pointed it out, pretty bad mistake on my part so thanks for the lookout!

            Thanks for the feedback bro, I really appreciate it!
            http://www.youtube.com/user/TheOnlyHavey

            Comment


            • #7
              Nice!

              Comment


              • #8
                Hi Havey, very cool simple video when your bored.

                Can you explain what camera and software you used? I am sure its someone on this site, but for the sake of time that would be great

                Comment


                • #9
                  Hey Charles, thanks a lot man! And sure.

                  I used a Canon T3i. 85% of the shots were handheld, but the other 15% was just a tripod. As for editing software, I threw it together in Sony Vegas 10!
                  http://www.youtube.com/user/TheOnlyHavey

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Havey View Post
                    Hey Charles, thanks a lot man! And sure.

                    I used a Canon T3i. 85% of the shots were handheld, but the other 15% was just a tripod. As for editing software, I threw it together in Sony Vegas 10!
                    Interesting. I didn't think it would be a DSLR due to the lack of rolling shutter.
                    -AF

                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Its because of doubling the shutter speed against your frame rate I believe with the DSLR's. I honestly haven't looked much into it, I know a lot of people test it out with their DSLR's though.

                      I shot this at 24fsp with a shutter speed of 50. (or 1/50).

                      That might be the reasoning behind that.
                      http://www.youtube.com/user/TheOnlyHavey

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Havey View Post
                        Its because of doubling the shutter speed against your frame rate I believe with the DSLR's. I honestly haven't looked much into it, I know a lot of people test it out with their DSLR's though.

                        I shot this at 24fsp with a shutter speed of 50. (or 1/50).

                        That might be the reasoning behind that.
                        Very interesting, I will try that out. Thanks!
                        -AF

                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X