Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Distant-"Silent" Short Film (New Filmmaker)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distant-"Silent" Short Film (New Filmmaker)

Hey guys, im a big time rookie when it comes to this whole filmmaking deal. I began getting interested in it during one of my college courses this semester and decided to change my major to pursure this new found love I have. This is only like my 3rd or 4th production. I would very much appreciate any tips. I was the actor and the editor for the video, my friend was the cameraman using his Nikon camera. I usually use my Canon T3i for my videos. Ok enough blabbing, here is the video.

Originally posted by DG_Griffin View Post
    Hey guys, im a big time rookie when it comes to this whole filmmaking deal. I began getting interested in it during one of my college courses this semester and decided to change my major to pursure this new found love I have. This is only like my 3rd or 4th production. I would very much appreciate any tips. I was the actor and the editor for the video, my friend was the cameraman using his Nikon camera. I usually use my Canon T3i for my videos. Ok enough blabbing, here is the video.
    DG_Griffin That is very cool you are getting into film production. For me, honestly there isn't much to teach yet as you are so new. You need to just keep doing it and you need to look at your finished products and "you" need to figure out how they can get better, that is the best way; -- Ok, got that speech out of the way :)

My thoughts would be this:

Your current video is cool, and I get it, I used to do the same thing. Now for you to be able to move forward I want you to answer this question:

What do you feel your video is missing?
    Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

Comment

Thanks for the input. I'll definitely take your advice into consideration. I will evaluate what I feel could have been better, overall given my lack of experience in the field, I am very please with how it turned out.

Comment

This is a very good beginner film! Personally, I feel that the pacing was too fast for the topic (it is often the opposite.) But, that's just my personal preference. Overall, very good.
        -AF

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous Filmmaker View Post
          This is a very good beginner film! Personally, I feel that the pacing was too fast for the topic (it is often the opposite.) But, that's just my personal preference. Overall, very good.
          Yes I agree, the video was actually created for a video contest. (Anyone familiar with Film Riot?) Im actually planning on doing a re-edit and including some more footage that we captured. Since the video had to be around 1 min long for the contest I had to leave some stuff out.

Comment

Yes I agree, the video was actually created for a video contest. (Anyone familiar with Film Riot?) Im actually planning on doing a re-edit and including some more footage that we captured. Since the video had to be around 1 min long for the contest I had to leave some stuff out.
            Looking forward to it! :)

Comment

Jolly good shooting! It looks more attractive than anything I've made in five years of filmmaking!
              "Nobody knows anything"

Comment

Originally posted by MasterDisaster View Post
                Jolly good shooting! It looks more attractive than anything I've made in five years of filmmaking!
                Oh my, Im sure that is not the case! But thank you so much for your kind words!

Comment

Oh my, Im sure that is not the case! But thank you so much for your kind words!
                  No, it is. I'm not professional, believe me, my work is abysmal. I hope to change this very soon, hence my presence on the forum!
                  "Nobody knows anything"

Comment

No, it is. I'm not professional, believe me, my work is abysmal. I hope to change this very soon, hence my presence on the forum!
                    MasterDisaster Remember to create a topic if you have any questions. I am finding all of the informative articles and topics and I will make a list so you can read through them :)

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Soares View Post
                      MasterDisaster Remember to create a topic if you have any questions. I am finding all of the informative articles and topics and I will make a list so you can read through them :)
                      Can't wait for the list!
                      -AF

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Soares View Post
                        I would be appreciative of that, sir
                        "Nobody knows anything"

Comment

Haha, well it's always good to pursue improvement. In my short time delving into filmmaking one constant piece of advise I have seen is to just get out there and make videos. Really is the best way to learn. I know from my experience as a musician, had I not joined a band and began gigging I would still be a pretty crappy guitarist(not that im great by any means). But basically trial by "fire" forces you to improve or die trying! Seems to work for me anyways.

Comment

Working...
                          X