Proof of concept trailer for my film project

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proof of concept trailer for my film project

The proof of concept trailer for my planned film "The Shadow Sea". Created with a budget of $0 using mostly point and shoot video cameras (primarily the Canon S95) and volunteers so it's a bit rough around the edges in spots. It's intended only to give an idea of the look and feel of the eventual film. The plan is to use this on the indiegogo funding campaign. Have a look.

related links:

http://www.facebook.com/theshadowsea
    http://theshadowseamovie.blogspot.com
    Last edited by Rich; 04-21-2013, 12:06 AM.

It looks really good, man. It'll be one of the better crowd funding campaign videos out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Vance Baryn View Post
      It looks really good, man. It'll be one of the better crowd funding campaign videos out there.
      Thanks. It's my first experience with crowd funding so it's a learning experience every step of the way.

Comment

All right, Nana's and Cowboy Soy, some of my favorite hangouts in Bangkok :)~

Good job, but there's a little too much "shoe leather" in the trailer. You might want to consider chopping some of that out and showing more of the action.

Cutting trailers is an art unto itself, but just look for some of the best pieces and keep it flowing. I was digging the flesh scenes, so keep those in. Lastly, I would say, try using a more sinister voice for the narration.

Comment

I shot pieces from the script (5 seconds from this scene 3 seconds from that) that I felt would go together best to convey the look and feel of the story. It's not a 'true' trailer pieced together from footage shot during principal photography but a proof of concept. Principal photography will start after the fund raising campaign. Bottom line is there isn't a lot of surplus action footage lying around that i can plug in. It pretty much is what it is. I can make it shorter and I'll certainly consider that.
          Thanks for the input.

Comment

Working...
          X