The Mutants - A Finnish sci-fi video game trash film

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Mutants - A Finnish sci-fi video game trash film

Hello there! We have finally finished the english translation for this film of ours: the Mutants.

The short was originally released in June 2012. It took about ten months to make, from the initial idea to a finished film. We had a large array of influences on the film, including such B-classics as The Running Man, Toxic Avenger, Nightmare on Elm Street, Arena and Death Race 2000.

In addition to this, we wanted to make our film truly unique with the touch of video game tropes, HUDs, cutscenes and 90's computer animation. The final result is a colourful mash-up of different visuals. Feedback is highly appreciated!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JRswHkPpCo

The film is spoken in finnish, and if the subtitles do not automatically show up, then just click on Subtitles button next to the Quality settings button. Enjoy !

The lighting is really good; the bright yellows with the smoke is fantastic.
    https://vimeo.com/gradeb

Comment

Well to be honest, there are reasons why you do not see things like this on the mainstream networks, there are simple to follow rules, and you just about broke them all. I am not being rude I am just giving my professional opinion.
      Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Soares View Post
        Well to be honest, there are reasons why you do not see things like this on the mainstream networks, there are simple to follow rules, and you just about broke them all. I am not being rude I am just giving my professional opinion.
        Seeing that I am inexperienced, could you spell them out for me?

Comment

It is quite interesting how you did this and I applaud you for that but it just doesnt really reach out to the audience. I feel like it was pretty fair up until the part where you have the announcer describing the fight and all with the whole health meters and everything. If this was a movie for a video game then yes but as a short to an audience I would strongly disagree with that because they can tell when someone gets hurt and dont need something to help them visualize that. It doesnt really make sense. The guy telling whats happening in the fight was also I felt a no. The scene should tell whats happening yes a narrator can set it and describe it but not through the whole thing. Again just my opinion, and good luck on your future endeavors. I like though how you put the refelection of what was happening on the green screen on the sunglasses of the scenery moving by that was pretty cool.

Comment

Working...
          X