sub text

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sub text

I put together a group of folks and we are making a short film every month. And here's the first on! Please take the time to critique any aspects of the film, whether positive or negative. Please. We are trying to improve such that the movies become increasingly better each month.

Thanks!

This is the same movie on YouTube because the Vimeo one doesn't let you go full screen but is better quality than the YouTube one I think:

Last edited by Vance Baryn; 04-01-2013, 01:39 PM.

Hey how did you pick up their voices with the camera from so far away? (in the first video)?

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
      Hey how did you pick up their voices with the camera from so far away? (in the first video)?
      Not sure which shot you mean since none of them are all that long shots, but we had a mic on a boom pole right above the actors for all the shots with dialogue. We recorded with a DR100 and threw away the camera sound anyway.

Comment

duplicate post... how do I delete it?

Comment

Originally posted by Vance Baryn View Post
          Not sure which shot you mean since none of them are all that long shots, but we had a mic on a boom pole right above the actors for all the shots with dialogue.
          I think he is talking about the first part with the dialog, the audio was clear. For being outside that was a pretty good job on picking up the audio. The quality seemed very low but that most likely has to do with youtube. Did you do a "post" zoom? Or what ever it is called where you zoom in in post production?

Comment

No post Zoom... our DP accidentally had digital zoom on in the camera for that whole location... doh! He's learned his lesson now :-)

Comment

I like the premise. Only thing I'd say is that the conversation at the table seems a little choppy in spots. Like you can tell they're getting their cue and then tensing up a bit before they speak. To be expected of folks without a lot of experience. Nothing that practice probably won't take care of. On the whole a great job though.

Comment

Thanks Rich. One of the big problems with the table scene as well was that the actor with the most to say isn't a native English speaker, and it took a lot of coaching to get him to sound even that natural, but it's still not great. Bad casting decision. But that was the first film from this group, and we will get better. Our second film is in post, and I'll post it in a week or so. I think it's much better than this one.

Comment

Working...
                X