First Short Film with New Camera! :P "Below Blue Creek"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Short Film with New Camera! :P "Below Blue Creek"

Here ya go :P This took about 3-4 Weeks to make. The actors are just friends, but they did a decent job for having literally no acting background. Watch in HD for best viewing. Enjoy!

Oh also, the budget for this was about 50 bucks lol. Just about everything was homemade as far as equipment goes. The boom mic was homemade, the dolly was homemade, anddd i can't think of anything else lol. But yea! I'll shutup now lol

Comment

I watched the short and liked some of your cinematography in it. I especially liked the shot of them from inside of the storm drain it looked like we were looking through an old time keyhole in a door. The story itself though felt incomplete somehow to me. I am not sure what is missing but something was for me.

Comment

Thanks for the critique! :) and I think I know what you mean though. I didn't really want a lot of explanation in it, I kinda wanted to leave the mystery of the backgrounds of the 2 main guys up to imagination. But thanks for the comments though!

Comment

Good job on shooting it. I thought the pacing was a bit slow, and I also didn't really see the point of the story. I kept waiting for some kind of pay off, but none ever came.

Comment

MrJay10 I see that you have a talent that is not very easy to come by, keep in mind that it is very very difficult to please everyone. I want you to let me know what you feel your mistakes are in this one and make the next one better and post it up. I see you have a future, keep it up!!!
            Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

Comment

i thought it was really good, and also pretty creepy. the whole idea of the murder was almost softened up by the calm music, and how chill the guys were about it. really creepy! but i thought that there were some bits where it dragged a little, during the nature shots, and the shot of the victim's pants near the beginning. they could be a little shorter...

overall it was very good!

Comment

Thanks guys for all the comments! I really appreciate any type of constructive criticism :) But yeah I know it's impossible to please everyone, all I can do is take the criticism and keep working on improving. But atleast I'm getting some type of positive feedback so its not a total loss hahaha.

Comment

Also to those confused on the point of the story here's kind of what I was going for, so maybe it'll clear things up a bit. I was inspired to write this by an article I read online about a 14 year old kid who was murdered by four other teenagers for literally no reason. Just because they could. I thought it was really interesting because 99% of the time there is a motive behind them. It was beyond just masochism, it felt like an animal in the wild going after it's prey.

Anyways, the real premise was about 2 lost teenagers who are obviously hopeless in life. Either they have chosen to do this out of boredom, or just because they feel they can. I tried to then spin it into a movie about morality. You can see towards the end one of the characters convinces the other that maybe what they've done is wrong. He doesn't really change his mind, but a lightbulb goes off in his head that he didn't think of before. So essentially it's a movie about right and wrong. :)

Hope that clears things up! But again thanks for the comments! I'm really digging this forum! Definitely will become a regular here :)

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Soares View Post
                    MrJay10 I see that you have a talent that is not very easy to come by, keep in mind that it is very very difficult to please everyone. I want you to let me know what you feel your mistakes are in this one and make the next one better and post it up. I see you have a future, keep it up!!!
                    Yeah, the acting is definitely one big mistake I need improve. Not saying it's all on the actors, but I also need to work on directing them. I should probably just man up and go hire some real actors next time haha. But I feel positive this was a good start off movie. And I hope I have a future! haha

Comment

I almost always try to offer constructive criticism rather than just posting something useless like "that was good." But definitely don't take what I say as negative.

See I didn't get that story from the movie at all. It seemed to me like they were either in some sort of trouble that started prior to the beginning of the movie that made them have to do it, or that they were hired to do it by someone. Before they even do it, their tone seems like this is something they have to do, not something they want to do. I was waiting through the whole movie to figure out who the kid was and why these guys had to kill him.

Comment

yeah, I understand where you're coming from and how this can seem confusing. And to be honest though I never did want a background story on anything. I liked the mystery it left in the air. But I do see how this can be a negative in some aspects

Comment

Working...
                        X