Who Killed Johnny a Comedy funded via Kickstarter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Killed Johnny a Comedy funded via Kickstarter

I came across Film maker forum browsing the worldwide web to find ways how to distribute my independent film. I am still not sure what way we should go also because our film is shot in Swiss-German, German and English with english subtitles.

As a first time Dir. I decided to fund our film via Kickstarter. The first 3 weeks were hard, our goal was to get 20K and after 3 weeks we raised less then 5K. In the last 3 days suddenly we got the big backers on kickstarter. We only achieved to raise even more then 20K cause I got some press from Switzerland which helped us to get a buzz. Without the press we would have not been able to raise the money. Just wanted to share our trailer with you and hope you like our little euro Comedy. Thank you for your time

Yangzom

we shot the film with a Canon C300

That looks great! I am pretty sure that this site is owned by DiGi Distribution - I found this site via a friend that has a film coming out on iTunes in two months, they went with DiGi and I think they are really happen with the kind of contract they offer.

-Update-

Yea, it is www.digidistribution.com

Comment

Yes I checked them out too and it looks good. The only thing is that it is Canada and US only. i wished it would include Europe as well.

Comment

Maybe they will have some recommendations re Europe?
        Screenwriter and script consultant: www.maralesemann.com

Comment

Congrats on a successful kickstarter campaign! And welcome to the forum! I love your work already and I will purchase this when it is released!

Comment

Sweet project, you just found another person to purchase this when it comes out for sure. Be sure to let us all know

Comment

Originally posted by whokilledjohnny View Post
              I came across Film maker forum browsing the worldwide web to find ways how to distribute my independent film. I am still not sure what way we should go also because our film is shot in Swiss-German, German and English with english subtitles.

As a first time Dir. I decided to fund our film via Kickstarter. The first 3 weeks were hard, our goal was to get 20K and after 3 weeks we raised less then 5K. In the last 3 days suddenly we got the big backers on kickstarter. We only achieved to raise even more then 20K cause I got some press from Switzerland which helped us to get a buzz. Without the press we would have not been able to raise the money. Just wanted to share our trailer with you and hope you like our little euro Comedy. Thank you for your time

Yangzom

we shot the film with a Canon C300
              Hi, and welcome. Your trailer looks great! DiGi is close to UK and Europe VOD Distribution, we have a few more contracts to sign and to make sure that we are only going direct with the company offering the service an with no middle men. This has proven to be most difficult internationally because many companies try to jump in between you an take your profits...

DiGi Distribution now offers world wide DVD distribution - We can negotiate lump sum deals for you and you can choose to take the deal or turn it down without signing your film away, (no one offers that) So keep that in mind as well.

Nick
              Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

Comment

Dear Nick, thank you for all the info. That sounds interesting. We are right now submitting also for Festivals but parallel I like to figure things out for the Online & DVD Distribution. Thank you to everyone else for being my first buyers :) besides my friends. Will keep you up to date.

Yangzom

Comment

Finally avail online

Hello all, it has been a while. Here some updates with our Comedy WKJ. We had a theatrical release in Switzerland in about 14 movie theaters which was great to have. We found a Swiss Distributor who also helped us to get our film into an online shop called cede.ch

And we decided to make WKJ avail for the english speaking people on Amazon.com it is now avail for online streaming or you can buy the DVD on the WKJ website.

But we still did not manage to bring the film on itunes, hulu or netflix. This seems to be a harder one. Also cause we just dont want to spend that much money and not to know if we ever see any of it. I read now so much about it and it seems like that getting your film into those online platforms by yourself is impossible. Maybe you guys have an idea what is the best and cheapest way??

thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by whokilledjohnny View Post
                    But we still did not manage to bring the film on itunes, hulu or netflix.
                    Was it declined?

Did it fail QC?

Or was it not attempted to up submitted?

If its the ladder, then you may want to consider www.distribber.com It will be opened shortly and there is some really good news to be announced I heard ;)
                    Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Soares View Post
                      Was it declined?

Did it fail QC?

Or was it not attempted to up submitted?

If its the ladder, then you may want to consider www.distribber.com It will be opened shortly and there is some really good news to be announced I heard ;)
                      We never tried. I remember you mentioning distribber.com it is just too expensive for right now. We are a super small production but hope for our next film to be able to be o iTunes and Netflix and all these other VOD places.

Comment

Working...
                      X