How to get more video views on youtube - legit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get more video views on youtube - legit

Ok guys, I have seen so many people out there with great content and hardly any views while I see some of the worst videos out there with millions of views. So I thought I would create a discussion of ideas on how to get more views, subscribers, to the content that is taking us hours and hours to create with little to no return.

Rules: If you are recommending something where you have to pay, then you better be ready to show your channel and videos so we can study it and all users to make the choice on what to do, I personally have been very weary of such stuff - But if you must suggest something, please make sure you take the time to explain why

So what has your experience been like?
    Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

Subscribed...

Comment

Nick, here's a bit of a clue. The 8 top money earners, with the most subscribers and views are all comic related. So something funny or humorous is going to be the best bet. Check out Shane Dawson, The Annoying Orange (if you can stand it), and The Philip DeFranco Show.

One of my personal favorites is The Vacationeers. If you haven't seen their video "The Googling" check it out here:

Comment

Originally posted by Director View Post
        Nick, here's a bit of a clue. The 8 top money earners, with the most subscribers and views are all comic related. So something funny or humorous is going to be the best bet. Check out Shane Dawson, The Annoying Orange (if you can stand it), and The Philip DeFranco Show.

One of my personal favorites is The Vacationeers. If you haven't seen their video "The Googling" check it out
        Something so easy, and brilliant.

I would love to know the secret, the only advice I can give is make sure you use the right keywords (SEO), apart from that, just go around spamming your stuff to every available outlet. Even then it's still iffy.

I hate the fact that some people pay for their views, it makes me bitter toward most videos that say they have over 12 million views.

Comment

Tip- Post your videos as video responses to more popular similar videos. Only do this if you think that your videos are good enough to hold up to the one you're posting it at, or you might just get lots of haters.

-AF
          -AF

sigpic

Comment

This might not apply to some, but if you have the time you might consider doing things such as Film riot's 'Monday Challenge'. If you win, and even if not, you're likely to see a temporary view boost, and if you're content is consistently good you're bound to get at least a few more regular viewers. Plus it's free and fun!
            https://vimeo.com/gradeb

Comment

Also, try to get featured on "moguler made."
              -AF

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for this topic guys, everything makes sense. Like the best paid videos are humor, I can see why people would go to youtube to get a nice laugh (because life sucks) (jk)

So I think I might do my first humor video soon :)

Comment

I'm not a youtuber.. yet. But I've been on youtube constantly for about 7 years and been watching at least 2 hours worth of videos a day. From a viewers perspective, I want something that's different from all the other channels and something that can really make me laugh. But originality and humor is one thing, and having a good story is another. A lot of people when putting up videos on youtube have great actors to show and great camera angles but what not, but lack an interesting story or any reason behind what is going on in the video. For me, not having a story and having every action in the video randomly happen with no purpose, really bothers me. I think youtube channels like WongFuProductions are great examples of what it takes get viewers and subscribers through intense hours of brainstorming, shooting, etc.

Comment

I have been using youtube since it began. I started out with animation shorts I used to do, and I barely got any views at all, so I quit. In 2008, I began another youtube channel with a friend of mine with animation, and actually got a few people to watch our stuff regularly. How? I have no clue...I eventually stopped doing animation, and left the youtube channel for my friend to do alone. He deleted it 4 days later, oddly enough. I took a break from youtube afterwards, and made some crappy little home movies on a new camera I bought, to try to get back into my old hobby of video making, after seeing all the cool stuff I could do with a camera, I started another youtube channel: "DiemondProductions" in July of 2009. My main goals were to gain an audience, and get better with the art of filmmaking. I only accomplished one of those. Getting better. While I accumulated 715 Subscribers, my videos were still getting mediocre views, and barely any feedback. So, after three and a half years of trying to gain an audience, I gave up and moved onto another channel idea: "Cyberoptical". Cyberoptical was a test account I made to see how many people, after years of experience gaining, i could get to watch my videos, and I was not disappointed. I only got 36 subscribers, but I had accumulated over 5000 total views from just 8 videos. Which, to me, was pretty good. After 6 months, I started my new permanent channel: "PayphoneFilms". The two main ways to get an audience, are to be someone of celebrity status and make videos, or have someone that gets a lot of YT views help you out by shouting out your channel and what you do. Otherwise, you're just a speck of dust in the whole youtube universe nobody cares for. And I hate that shit. I am still considered one of those, and I can't stand it. It's humiliating, and saddening to think about. Especially when talentless idiots are getting more views than you...But you still keep going and hope that some day, a big guy on YT will see your work and shout you out.
                    NewmanAtHome

Twitter: [at]NewmanAtHome
                    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Filmsforthefuture

Comment

Guys, in order to get more views, you need your video to show up for certain keywords in the search (both youtube and google). If your video is not optimized for related keywords then you won't get many views.
                      The art of researching keywords, optimizing videos for those keywords and then ranking your videos on top of the search list of those keywords is called SEO (Search Engine Optimization).

The other good alternative to this is Social Media Optimization, which is to share your videos on social pages with your friends and preferably create fan pages for your channel and then work on growing fans.

And then, you must boost your newer videos with bought views/likes. I personally prefer buying views and likes from SEOClerks.com and you can even buy fans for your social pages.

Keep one thing in mind. Youtube is a software. It can't tell what video is better in quality compared to another, except by comparing views, likes, keyword optimization, and backlinks...

Comment

Originally posted by TubeFreak View Post
                        Guys, in order to get more views, you need your video to show up for certain keywords in the search (both youtube and google). If your video is not optimized for related keywords then you won't get many views.
                        The art of researching keywords, optimizing videos for those keywords and then ranking your videos on top of the search list of those keywords is called SEO (Search Engine Optimization).

The other good alternative to this is Social Media Optimization, which is to share your videos on social pages with your friends and preferably create fan pages for your channel and then work on growing fans.

And then, you must boost your newer videos with bought views/likes. I personally prefer buying views and likes from SEOClerks.com and you can even buy fans for your social pages.

Keep one thing in mind. Youtube is a software. It can't tell what video is better in quality compared to another, except by comparing views, likes, keyword optimization, and backlinks...
                        I mostly agree, but I would not recommend buying views. They are sometimes fake, and it just seems not right. Are you that desperate you are going to pretend your videos are popular by buying views, or actually try to get legitimate feedback and views? It also doesn't look right when a video has thousands of views, one like, and no comments.
                        -AF

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous Filmmaker View Post
                          I mostly agree, but I would not recommend buying views. They are sometimes fake, and it just seems not right. Are you that desperate you are going to pretend your videos are popular by buying views, or actually try to get legitimate feedback and views? It also doesn't look right when a video has thousands of views, one like, and no comments.
                          I agree with your viewpoint. But youtube videos are ranked based on various factors which includes views, likes and comments. And ofcourse all 3 of these can be bought.
                          Although as long as your video is well optimized for organic traffic you might not need to buy anything. However I personally like doing both the normal organic optimization and throw in some bought views and likes to help things get started. Once the videos are ranked for the keywords then I don't need to buy anything anymore...

But yes, there are people who don't like doing anything except basic optimizations and I won't say they are wrong.

Comment

It seems like it would be very hard to get realistic comments bought.
                            -AF

sigpic

Comment

people sell all kind of stuff ;)

Think of it like this. A person creates 50 accounts on youtube (yes you can create that many and even more through some shady methods)
                              Now he can sell 5 comments for like $1 and so. Same for likes...

Comment

Working...
                              X