X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curiosity Killed Shawn (2011)

No dialogue, no score, just a simple, short adventure. :director:

Curiosity Killed Shawn

Im not sure why I like you stuff so much. It cheap, its only you in it, but I strangely enjoy you work. Maybe its your accent?

Comment

Aw, thanks man. But some of these are not so cheap. Dark Xmas cost me 450 while Trail cost me 600.

Worth it...I hope. :violin:

Comment

Haha I actually enjoyed this video. :P

Comment

I really liked it, but really didn't like the composited explosion and fire at the end. I reckon you should have cut to black and just had the sound of a giant explosion, leaving your death to the imagination of the viewer. Just my opinion, but i think it would have maintained the illusion a little more.

Comment

It was my first time working with CGI effects. :boom:

Comment

LMAO - what a perfect smilie
              Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

Comment

Hi Shawn, I saw on your new post you wanted in depth criticism. Here is my reaction to this short. Ambitious short film to be so abstract. I could of used more camera movement and more professional image compositions. It felt novice due to the production quality of the audio, framing, and lack of camera movement. I think if you add higher production value with one of these abstract ideas, you could have a cool short.

Comment

Funny you should say that.

I am re-making this in anamorphic widescreen at 24fps this coming summer.

Comment

A simple idea of human nature. No person can see a string and not pull it even if they know there just ruining what it comes from. Unless they take scissors to ease there conscience. Taking a simple idea or problem and blowing it out of proportion.

Was this film just done by you and a tri-pod? I don't really have anyone interested in helping me with films (Film is a hobby right now so min budget) So i want to try and do something like this as well.

One thing i found about this though is it dragged on a little long. It had the effect where it was Funny -> watching -> Funny again but got past that point. Overall though it was enjoyable to watch.
                    The newbie.

Comment

It was just me that made this.

I will be doing a 2.35:1 anamorphic remake at 24fps next summer. The locations I use will be more fluent and seamless.

Comment

Working...
                      X