Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making Money with Youtube - Part 1

Make Money with Youtube Uploads

Do you know you can make money with youtube? Here are some basic steps to getting some cashflow from your filmmaking experience. As a filmmaker you have to ability to upload extremely creative content to youtube, which is exactly what youtube wants.

This first article will be for beginners

What you need

A standard Youtube account www.youtube.com/create_account

A video in which you own ALL rights to.

A Google Adsense account www.google.com/adsense (you can create one via your youtube account)

A bank account

Process - Assuming you have videos in your "video manager"

Go to your "settings" page - Top right corner click the drop down menu next to your username. Click Settings

On the left hand column the last option should be "Monetization" click it.

Agree to the terms and follow the instructions from there.

Once you have done this your next step will be to set up how you get paid, normally people don't mess with this option until they find out they can make some money or are already getting thousands of views on their videos. Click "Monetization" - Below Click "How do I get paid" - Follow the instructions with setting up the Adsense account.

Finished

Now that you have monetization options for your youtube videos and a bank account to receive money from Google Inc you are ready to go. Your videos will now have ads, if you choose.

Ad Placement

You have the ability to choose what type of ads you want in your videos. The two types of ads are

- True View

- Overlay

True View ads are the ads that play full screen to the video player and have an option to "Skip Ad" these can be from 10 seconds to 3 minutes. Overlay ads are the little popup ads that come up during a video. You have to option to add multiple ads on a longer video so long as they are a minimum of (7) minutes.

Part 2: (Click Here)

In part 2 of this article I will go over more advanced options to making money with your youtube videos including:

Ad positions
    Keywords (including Titles)
    SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
    Niches

to help you get more video views which in turn means more money.

If you like this article share it - use the "Share" option to the right --->

Related Articles

How to sell a script

Get film investors

Getting into filmmaking

Making money with youtube Part 2

What does Netflix Pay?
    Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

My film Geek Mythology is on Youtube as a free movie distributed by Gravitas Ventures. They sent me a check for 35 dollars when it hit the 35,000 views. It's at 110,000 but I haven't seen a check yet. For some reason, my movie doesn't have an ad at the beginning and I wonder if that would help increase my revenue.

Comment

PayPerFilm, how has your experience with gravitas been lately?

Comment

I haven't heard from Gravitas in a long time except for a tax form but that was early last year. I realize that I'm not making them money but then again it wouldn't hurt for them to send an email on ways to increase revenue flow. At this point, I use Geek Mythology as a way to validate myself as filmmaker with actors and other people in the industry.

Comment

I've enabled monetization for mostly all of my videos and granted I'm not raking in the views yet, each mostly around 2k-10k. Each day I gain about at least .15 cents. Now I know its not a lot, but its bonus to my full time Production job, and I steadily am adding to it. So hopefully and eventually I'll see it grow... to maybe .20 cents a day, haha.

I've had monetization enabled for about 4 months now and am up to $25. It's definitely something you have to have patience with.

Comment

Originally posted by Klay M Abele View Post
            I've enabled monetization for mostly all of my videos and granted I'm not raking in the views yet, each mostly around 2k-10k. Each day I gain about at least .15 cents. Now I know its not a lot, but its bonus to my full time Production job, and I steadily am adding to it. So hopefully and eventually I'll see it grow... to maybe .20 cents a day, haha.

I've had monetization enabled for about 4 months now and am up to $25. It's definitely something you have to have patience with.
            I tired this a while ago, I could never reach the $100 threshold that google requires, so I have like $8 sitting there :(

Comment

I was going to try it as well but it just seems like you gotta make stupid videos to get views on your channel nowadays. All this Harlem Shake crap and people making videos of themselves stacking plastic cups in their garage is the way to go to get views :/
              http://leealexander.weebly.com/

Comment

It does seem that way. I keep trying to tell myself that there is still hope.

Comment

I recently wrote an article about how to build an audience that can help you make money on Youtube. It's about working very hard but also working very smart at the same time. I've been doing it for 6 years and can tell you it isn't easy but not impossible.

Comment

So I figured I would make an update.

SO recently, roughly a week ago, my channel has started to pick up. I've been gaining around 40 subscribers a day and my daily ad revenue has now reached $2.50/day, a big increase from the usual .15 - .40 cents I was making.

Not sure what exactly made the jump, to my knowledge, sharing had a lot to do with it. Apparently in Finland I made a big boom, haha, anyway I'll keep updating you guys on the progress. I did note that right before that time I made some tag adjustments using the google keyword tool, then I also streamlined annotations on my vids.

It is starting to actually show signs of improvement!

Comment

Originally posted by Klay M Abele View Post
                      So I figured I would make an update.

SO recently, roughly a week ago, my channel has started to pick up. I've been gaining around 40 subscribers a day and my daily ad revenue has now reached $2.50/day, a big increase from the usual .15 - .40 cents I was making.

Not sure what exactly made the jump, to my knowledge, sharing had a lot to do with it. Apparently in Finland I made a big boom, haha, anyway I'll keep updating you guys on the progress. I did note that right before that time I made some tag adjustments using the google keyword tool, then I also streamlined annotations on my vids.

It is starting to actually show signs of improvement!
                      Dude that is great!!! I want to hear more on this!!!

Also, I have some of my earning reports updated here --> http://www.filmmakerforum.org/conten...be-part-2.html

Comment

Working...
                      X