Rantin and a Ravin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rantin and a Ravin

My thread "No Contracts" is about a film I tried to make and FAILED miserably. The overall failure lands on my shoulders. But, this was a doomed production from the get go.

Keep in mind my money went to an apartment location, rehearsal space, and paying the DPs travel (he also picked me up). So, I did not spend a lot of money. I didn't and don't have a lot of money.

The video the Producer and new Director shot cost $4000. The Producer got someone to give him it for Producer credit.

Get yourself a beer and listen to my RANT. I start slow and pick up tempo. Just know this is R rated. I swear you'll be laughing by the end. It's fucking funny.

https://youtu.be/wA7aoODSq4I

144p? Was this shot in 1975? LOL

Comment

What's 144p?

Comment

The resolution. Its the lowest resolution on Youtube and is the resolution you would get from shooting the clip with a potato instead of a camera.

That aside, you went effing nuts on them LOL. It was funny.

Comment

I guess that's why the titles are blurry. I was pissed back then. So, I'm sure I wasn't thinking straight when I exported.

Now I laugh my ass off. I just wish I would have sent it to them. The actress who took over the second lead e-mailed me out of the blue and apologized for what they did to my script. She had a lot to say about the Producer and new Director.

I do everything myself. All I expect is my actors to act, the DP to handle where to put the camera and get wide, medium and CUs. If there's no sound guy, I even hold the boom while directing. So, if I can handle everything, you'd expect a group to be able to do just a portion. At the absolute least, if you're an actor and were in EXT scenes wearing heavy coats, and you know the entire action takes place in less than a week, put your actors in coats on the street, not t-shirts and sunglasses.

The making of, is a movie in itself.

Comment

Working...
          X