Some of my video review feedback

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some of my video review feedback

Hello, I have been browsing for a while I have decided to post something finally. I have been attempting to make some video parody reviews for fun back when I left high school and I just wrapped up my first year of college and because I now have amazing amount of time on my hands to produce more content that is higher quality due to my major being film. I was looking for feedback on some of my older videos on what I did right and could improve on and what I could use some major changes and improvement on. Keep in mind that this is before I started college and my newer reviews will be a little different for one I have taken acting classes and or using actors to help out. So besides the meh acting what do you all think?

PS. Please don't go easy minus the video quality I recently purchased a Cannon Rebel T3I and the camera I used that was the family camera has a place on my mantle from all the abuse it has used P

Thank you for taking the time to read this and offer feedback you are all amazing and I hope to participate more on these forums.

Oh wow. Umm. I guess the best place to start is the cinematography. In both these examples you anchor the camera on a tripod and never move it. Also the character is squared dead center of the screen and looks directly at the camera even is he is talking to another person. Always avoid such angles as they are visually boring and confusing. The lighting was non-existent, looking monotone and again, boring. Its pretty clear you just used the available lighting in the room. In fact both clips look like no planning was done and you just grabbed a VHS camera and shot these after little forethought and used minimal editing to polish them.

Worst of all is your subject matter. A fake film review is just not a good way to either practice your skill or show off your achievements.

Sorry to sound so rough but you can do better.

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Scarborough View Post
      Oh wow. Umm. I guess the best place to start is the cinematography. In both these examples you anchor the camera on a tripod and never move it. Also the character is squared dead center of the screen and looks directly at the camera even is he is talking to another person. Always avoid such angles as they are visually boring and confusing. The lighting was non-existent, looking monotone and again, boring. Its pretty clear you just used the available lighting in the room. In fact both clips look like no planning was done and you just grabbed a VHS camera and shot these after little forethought and used minimal editing to polish them.

Worst of all is your subject matter. A fake film review is just not a good way to either practice your skill or show off your achievements.

Sorry to sound so rough but you can do better.
      You did not sound rough that is kinda the response I needed thank you for the feedback and how I can change and improvement. Most of what you are saying is true and are going to be changed.

Comment

Read read read. Many books out there covering how to set up a scene, camera angles, the rule of thirds, the 180 rule. Things like that. Then the fun part. WATCH A TON OF FILMS! Yep you can learn so much by watching movies and really studying the way the scenes look, sound and feel. The lighting and how it motivates the audience mood. Then make as many films as you can and you will get better and better.

Comment

Working...
        X