Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short Film of the Week!

Short Film of the Week!

Reply with your personal opinions below.
    100.00%
    Dislike
    0.00%

Obviously the story was not there, but your shots and angles were. I liked.

Comment

Wish the surfing would have taken up a larger part of the short. All of the shots leading up to the surfing weren't incredibly attention grabbing and didn't contribute much. Whereas the surfing shots actually looked really neat. Not to mention, the immediate grab of people's attention means that the viewers of the film will watch the whole thing through, which means you earn views since watchers have to be watching for at least 30 seconds for it to be a legit view.

Comment

Couldn't agree more! A better/ more interesting start would have grabbed the audience a lot more. Maybe if it did the classic technique where you show the end of the film at the beginning, then show the bits leading up to that moment.

Comment

That would work well.

Comment

The actual surfing footage had some really nice transitions with going in and out of the water but regarding the beginning, I've just finished doing some tips on writing and I mention how my pet peeve in indie film is watching the protagonist wake up in the morning and go through the getting up process so that almost killed it for me. Other than that the film had great editing in regards to the pacing with the music and some of the shots were really nice.

Comment

The beginning was a bit weird, and I for one found the riff at the beginning a bit obnoxious, especially when it was just repeating for two minutes. The second song was a lot better, and the surfing bits were great.

Comment

I always applaud anyone who takes the time to finish anything. However, there was only one 2 second shot of this that was remotely interesting, that's when he goes around the corner in his work clothes and appears a frame later with his surfboard.

The music didn't add much. (On a side note: in the 80s DJs took songs with melody and riffs and transformed them into 10 minute dance tunes. But, the melody and riffs remained a central part of the song. How is it that today's house music is basically a beat that just repeats over and over with no melody at all? I just don't get it. Melody is what makes a song, not a beat.)

While I didn't enjoy it, it does show you have the forethought for creating some sort of story. Now you just have to make it interesting. If you're young and this is a beginning effort, I applaud you. If you're a seasoned unpro/pro (like myself) then I still applaud you. But, you need to improve in your craft.

Comment

Working...
                X