Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vitamin Time - Comedy Short film, Would Love Your Feedback!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vitamin Time - Comedy Short film, Would Love Your Feedback!

I shot this short a while back and have been searching around the internet looking for places to get
    more critique on it. I learn so much from audience feedback and would really love if any of you guys
    had any thoughts on the film!

How'd you like the acting? Was it funny? How was the audio and picture quality? Etc etc...anything you want to comment on
    I want to hear it!

Thanks a ton in advance,

Micah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83bZi8t5eCg

Anyone have any thoughts??

Comment

Nice little short film! It gave me a few chuckles, but overall was a pretty good feel-good film. I could not find any flaws except the boys acting was not so great but the "Dads" is great! Keep it up!

Comment

Thanks Indie! Yeah children actors can be hard to find, then there's directing them! I've been fortunate to find some good ones. Appreciate the feedback bro!
        Originally posted by IndieMovieMaker View Post
        Nice little short film! It gave me a few chuckles, but overall was a pretty good feel-good film. I could not find any flaws except the boys acting was not so great but the "Dads" is great! Keep it up!

Comment

I laughed. I thought the boy needed work but the dad was great. The quality was pretty good although the camera failed to achieve the "film look". Overall a great piece.

Comment

Yeah still working on getting the film look! Should have done more with the color correction. Thanks Mick for the feedback, glad you had some laughs! :)
            Originally posted by Mick Scarborough View Post
            I laughed. I thought the boy needed work but the dad was great. The quality was pretty good although the camera failed to achieve the "film look". Overall a great piece.

Comment

Very nice video you have here and it definitely holds up well I agree with all of the comments above about the acting and the ending was very good with the whole mustache gag, keep up the good work!

Comment

Much appreciated dude, haha glad you liked the ending :D
                Originally posted by XS Indie View Post
                Very nice video you have here and it definitely holds up well I agree with all of the comments above about the acting and the ending was very good with the whole mustache gag, keep up the good work!

Comment

I liked it, the camera work was better on the father, just a little shakey on the boy but other than that, fine.

Comment

Thanks marty! Speaking of camera work, I gotta rant. My overall shot choices I'm not too happy with, some variation would have made it more visually interesting. One of my weaknesses when I direct is choosing simple shot set ups and then putting all my attention towards the acting. Something I've become aware of with my work. What you shoot can be just as important as how you shoot it...gotta remind myself of that
                    Originally posted by martynuk View Post
                    I liked it, the camera work was better on the father, just a little shakey on the boy but other than that, fine.

Comment

Originally posted by MicahC View Post
                      Thanks marty! Speaking of camera work, I gotta rant. My overall shot choices I'm not too happy with, some variation would have made it more visually interesting. One of my weaknesses when I direct is choosing simple shot set ups and then putting all my attention towards the acting. Something I've become aware of with my work. What you shoot can be just as important as how you shoot it...gotta remind myself of that
                      Ah, yes. Talented DP's can be quite beneficial.

Comment

''One of my weaknesses when I direct is choosing simple shot set ups and then putting all my attention towards the acting.''

That's a weakness?? I dream of that weakness and being allowed to put all my attention toward the acting!

Comment

Haha thanks dude, it's just finding the balance I guess :)
                          Originally posted by martynuk View Post
                          ''One of my weaknesses when I direct is choosing simple shot set ups and then putting all my attention towards the acting.''

That's a weakness?? I dream of that weakness and being allowed to put all my attention toward the acting!

Comment

Working...
                          X