Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movie for money from YouTube

Hello film(loving)makers!

Please subscribe channel YouTube.com/ThisMovieMan (it's cost you nothing) and help me make a great movie.
    I count on you!

Welcome to the forum an good luck with your film

Comment

Not to be rude, but is this a joke? I mean, speaking realistically, who is going to give money to someone that is not showing their face, could be anyone for all we know, and displays no info on their past or why they want to make money. For all anyone knows, you're just scamming us! I'm not saying you are, but someone not giving any info at all aside from a plead for money in a video that only has text explaining how to send money seems suspicious. What's really bothersome is that we know nothing about the film. Doc? Feature? Horror? Comedy? Science Fiction? Short? Found Footage? Synopsis? Cast or Crew? Goal? What the money will be put towards. The statement that "This Movie Man" is like Kickstarter is misleading. Are you starting a crowd-funding site to help other filmmakers, or are you just asking for money from people who are willing to give (crowd-funding before the internet, basically). Look, I'm going to be honest because I want you to succeed. This is a nightmare of a video. You need to have past-work and somewhat known, not just some unknown person with a video that only displays text asking for money. You have to ask yourself why people should give to your video instead of the THOUSANDS of other filmmakers out there that churn out content however they can, who are trying their hardest to put out the highest quality content, and are known that they're not bots. Trust me, if making movies was as easy as posting a video like the one you posted, there would be PLENTY of millionaire indie filmmakers that made it.

I recommend you get your hands on a camera and start playing around with it. Test it, improve, and get into filmmaking without asking for money from people. Perhaps you could start a film community wherever you are. Get people interesting. Collect gear as you go and work with what you have.

Not trying to be rude, just honest. Sorry if it was harsh, but I just want you to succeed.

Comment

Once again I find myself agreeing with Dominic. This video to me is basically begging. No donation or subscription from me, not with this being all that you have. Give some more information, show us what you can do, or at least plan to do, and I might be more supportive. Until that happens, I'll pass.

Comment

[at]Littlemonkey - thank you

[at]Dominic Donnelly - I'm from eastern europe, and is not a joke or scam, I really don't have a money, or even the simplest camera, and subscribe YouTube channel cost you nothing - YouTube pay me for my crappy video and then I'll buy camera and make movie.
          I need help at the beginning, otherwise I will not make this movie.

[at]NHummel - it is good to have money, then you can say/write to the others to do something, what can not be done without the money.
          it's sad man...

Comment

Don't make assumptions. I don't need money to give advice. Also, you think YouTube is going to just pay you? In order for you to get money from YouTube you need lots of views, and subscribers. They dont just pay you for uploading a video. Also, to come on this forum and asking people who know nothing about you, other than a video that doesn't really give any further explanation is ridiculous. Join the forum, participate in conversation, maybe get some help/ideas. Instead you basically beg for money on your first post. Just some friendly advice.

Comment

"Instead you basically beg for money on your first post"???
              "Please subscribe channel YouTube.com/ThisMovieMan (it's cost you nothing) and help me make a great movie." -
              it seems that you like to have something to say, like FOX TV, you're wrong, but you just cann't shut up...

YouTube pays for a large number of views, but in the meantime I'm losing time to talk with you - someone who probably blames hungry children in Ethiopia that they are hungry because they do not want to hunt a lion or an elephant...

maybe I'll get lucky, maybe people help me with youtube and I will make this movie... or I fail...

but to you, I have only one request - please do not give me "friendly advice".

Comment

I have one question. Why don't you help other people to make movies and then they might help you or they could pay you (or lend you equipment). And there's lots of other ways you could get into the film industry such as making animations or something of that kind. Sorry if this isn't the advice you were looking for but it could help.

P.S. I've subscribed to your channel.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisMovieMan View Post
                  [at]Dominic Donnelly - I'm from eastern europe, and is not a joke or scam, I really don't have a money, or even the simplest camera, and subscribe YouTube channel cost you nothing - YouTube pay me for my crappy video and then I'll buy camera and make movie.
                  I need help at the beginning, otherwise I will not make this movie.
                  Just because you say anonymously on the internet doesn't mean it's true. I believe you although others won't. A video with text asking for money isn't going to get millions of hits on Youtube, a quality product will. I'm aware that you don't have enough money for tools to do so, so you have to think strategically.

I recommend you find a filmmaking group in your area, and go to one. If there's no filmmaking meet-up, start one (and promote it like crazy). With the thousands of filmmakers out there, there is at least 1 near you. If there are any productions going on within miles from you, try to go to those. That is how you are going to build connections and eventually have tools.

Also, as NHummel mentioned, Youtube doesn't just pay you. You need MILLIONS of views to make a profit to buy gear speaking realistically. You also need a Youtube partnership.

it seems that you like to have something to say, like FOX TV, you're wrong, but you just cann't shut up...
                  What? First off, he's allowed to have something to say. Secondly, FOX TV is a broadcasting company. That includes television shows such as The Simpsons, Bones, and FOX Sports... not just FOX NEWS. To clump all of those together is ridiculous. To tell him that he can't shut up is absurd. Do you think that attitude is going to make people want to help you... insulting those who want to help you?

YouTube pays for a large number of views, but in the meantime I'm losing time to talk with you - someone who probably blames hungry children in Ethiopia that they are hungry because they do not want to hunt a lion or an elephant...
                  Again, that's just horrible. Starving children would take any chance they could to eat something. It's also absurd to try to compare yourself to a starving child... actually, offensive.

Why would millions of people watch that video over the thousands of videos that are already out there?

but to you, I have only one request - please do not give me "friendly advice".
                  You're the boss. I'm stepping out of this thread.

Comment

Littlemonkey - because all the filmmakers I know live far away from me, I do not have any software I can not even install AE (trial version) because I have a 32bit system - I only use gimp.
                    thank you very much for sub.

Dominic Donnelly - I do not like people who attack me unjustifiably - and he did, i'm trying to make a movie, I have no money, I try to do anything I can, using the only possibilities that I have... but it seems to me, that it is easier to make a money on YT putting a firework in the ass and have thousands of subscriptions for it, than write "I need help" - people don't like to help, even if this costs nothing... well some people.

Comment

I have watched your videos and it is pretty good. But I think there's more to learn when it comes to video editing. I really want to enhance my skills and learn more things about film making. I have visited this site earlier themiamistudio.com and I was able to discover something. As always, life can be surprising!

Comment

Unfortunately there is nothing to base any donation on. If we knew you were capable (not saying you are not) then your chances of receiving donations would be higher.

And believe me, unless you're raking in hundreds of thousands of views on youtube, you won't be making much.

But lets stay constructive, what are you're strengths in filmmaking? Can you storyboard? Do you write screenplays?

Comment

Wilfred - My video is not pretty good is very poor, because I just used Gimp and YouTube video editor. I have no camera, so I can not do something better...and this web page is good, but they have the hardware and software - I don't.

Klay M Abele - receiving donations is not as important to me as subscriptions, because they cost nothing, and I was hoping for help from friendly filmmakers. I'm from eastern europe - what is for you "not much", for me it's a good start :)
                          I write and my works are good, but I live in a country where the name and connections are more important than talent...
                          and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVVyaE1jAH4 $100?!!! love it!

anyway, the most important thing is to not give up - one day You will see my film in the cinema :)

Comment

Working...
                          X