Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compressing for Youtube Adobe media Encoder

Hi,

I'm a new member! I'm a Manchester based film maker, mainly shorts and music videos.

I'll jump right in:

I have exported an uncompressed video (about 20 gigs worth) and want to export for youtube. Now, using about 5mb/s yeilds failry lackluster results that youtube compresses further. (This is using the youtube preset)

If I do it higher, to say 40 mb/s then youtube just compresses down any way.

So the actual question is, how do people get really crisp videos onto youtube? My uncompressed files look great, the high bitrate ones look good, the youtube chews it up and spits it out.

Any help would be terrific.

Cheers

Paul

H.264 is the standard internet codec. Set that to full HD, but the H.264 compression should be enough.
    -AF

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the response. I know that h.264 is the standard codec, but what I'm getting at is how do some folks (Shooting on 5d mk ii like me) get such clear quality, and when I upload it all goes ultra compressed?

Comment

Originally posted by PaulWrightyThen View Post
        Thanks for the response. I know that h.264 is the standard codec, but what I'm getting at is how do some folks (Shooting on 5d mk ii like me) get such clear quality, and when I upload it all goes ultra compressed?
        It shouldn't be getting super compressed. Can I see an example of your compression compared to what you want?
        -AF

sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X