Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Indie Action Tutorials (shooting fight scenes)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indie Action Tutorials (shooting fight scenes)

Hey, we're Shahuyen Productions and we specialize in action directing. Mostly what I'm doing right now on the youtube channel is teaching how to produce SAFE action sequences on an indie budget. This was our first video:

We're actually holding a workshop at the Urban Action Showcase in New York City on Nov 9th, 2013! We'll be covering the topics on how to shoot a fight scene including what the director, stunt fighters and camera op/DP have to look for and how they can each focus on certain aspects to pull it all together.

1:03 HAHAHAHAHA

I love it
    Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

Comment

Very good tips! Something I like to do for close ups is shoot it with the actors moving in slow motion but actually hitting the other person, and speeding it up in post.
      -AF

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous Filmmaker View Post
        Very good tips! Something I like to do for close ups is shoot it with the actors moving in slow motion but actually hitting the other person, and speeding it up in post.
        How does that look? Can you post a clip?

Comment

We've occasionally went slower than normal and sped the move back up for the sake of safety or logistical issues but I personally wouldn't recommend it unless everything fits. The issue with sped up footage is that the gravity can look awkward (lack of hair/jacket flaps, etc.) or very often, the unnatural look on people's faces (an out of place calm look the entire movement, lack of blinking, etc). In this video we only used it at 1:12 during my friend's ducking movement because I really really didn't want him getting stabbed lol. But yeah, we didn't push the speed very far because then the flap of the horsehair, etc. might be noticeable.

Unless you're talking more about a speed ramping stylistic effect? Would love to see a clip to see how it was pulled off =)

Last edited by WonJohnSoup; 10-21-2013, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Excellent info bro! Look forward to more, sub'd!

Comment

Working...
            X