Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to get movie makers noticed

Hello everybody:

As a fellow filmmaker I know how hard it is to get some type recognition for movies. I decided to start a show to review independent you tube short movies. I need subscribers so I can get more feedback on how to make things better. Please check it out and subscribe. Any feedback is good. Look for Awful Honesty channel on you tube.

Can you post a youtube video?

Comment

On your youtube page, do you critique bad films only or do you applaud good ones as well?
      Producer / Director / Photographer
      www.vtlithyouvong.com

Comment

We are trying still to find the show's voice. We are going to start bringing good movies in the next episode. Also we are currently working on grading system.

Comment

It really all depends on what you want to be noticed with. When you are doing youtube shorts now where you are reviewing shorts, you will just be known as a commentator. as a filmmaker it is really hard to get noticed. but something i have done with where i am from is that you just have to make shorts, post them on your facebook or twitter and let everyone from your district see them. They now connect you to film making. If their father's father need to make a film at a grocerystore now, their kids know you do filming. So its all about promoting yourself in the right way. show that this is your passion, and give 110% all the time. If you know there is a concert in town, go ask them if you can make a video about the concert, if your any good they might like you and they will hire you in for different concerts. So if your trying to get noticed as a film maker, i don't really think reviewing shorts is the best way. But this is just my opinion though. sorry for the bad english, im from norway :)

/Anders

Comment

More than a filmmaker I want to focus on video editing. The reason for the show is so I can practice, it's been a three years since I graduated film school, and want to get in touch with the film biz

Comment

ok, so i just saw episode one. Its alot to work with, but you need to go more indepth with the videoes. and try not to curse so much, make more jokes and have a nicer layout for the "frame" with the video in. it took alot of focus from me. but maybe its just me. Try to get maybe a label mic to just click in your camera and the sound will be alot better. remember that sound is 60% and video 40%. you can live with watching a bad movie with good sound but not vise versa.

/Anders

Comment

We toned down the cursing, as for content we are going to do one movie per episode, so we can go in deph. Check out EP2 some of the problems were fixed, but still needs a lot of work.

I currently work for the army so I have little to no time to work on the show. Also I am currently using a free editing software I got from the web.

I appreciate the feed back.

Comment

Originally posted by Awful Honesty View Post
                  We toned down the cursing, as for content we are going to do one movie per episode, so we can go in deph. Check out EP2 some of the problems were fixed, but still needs a lot of work.

I currently work for the army so I have little to no time to work on the show. Also I am currently using a free editing software I got from the web.

I appreciate the feed back.

Hi again,

Good, toning down the cursing made it more friendly and more serious to watch. it gets better step by step that's the important part. The free editing software explains alot of the "graphics", but i would highly recommend to try and get a better editing software if you want to get into this. You say that you are working in the army? that awesome! maybe you could try and hear with the people over there if you could make anything army-related? My friend is in the army and he loves movies. He is working in the army as a movie maker now, just because he asked. but again, the important part is that you're getting better and better.

/Anders

Comment

Originally posted by Awful Honesty View Post
                    I am currently using a free editing software I got from the web.
                    You should try Movie Studio Platinum Suite. That's what I use. It's pretty affordable, like around $129.99. It's the sister software of Sony Vegas. Very user friendly.
                    www.vtlithyouvong.com

Comment

Originally posted by VTLithyouvong View Post
                      You should try Movie Studio Platinum Suite. That's what I use. It's pretty affordable, like around $129.99. It's the sister software of Sony Vegas. Very user friendly.
                      I have that as well, just got it about a month ago. Still learning the basics, but I would give it a thumbs up

Comment

I tried Sony vegas and loved it. However Im stuck in between getting a mac or vegas pro.
                        The lap top I have is good but I need somthing more powerful. The only thing is I dont want cough up $1400 for final cut.

Comment

I build my own desktop with the sole purpose of video editing only. Only cost me $1400 and it's really fast and totally worth it.
                          www.vtlithyouvong.com

Comment

I appreciate all of you guy's advice. I'm eager to get back to the Industry after 4 long years. Even though the show has not been what I wanted it to be, I'm glad to be doing something film related
                            Last edited by Awful Honesty; 10-21-2013, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Yeah I dont like the channel. It seems the entire concept is just bashing other peoples work. Thats pretty crappy especially when you have no work of your own to show as an example of how to do things right. I will be steering clear of this train wreck and focusing my energies on learning the craft, not undermining others.

Comment

Working...
                              X