Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need constructive criticism on my videos.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need constructive criticism on my videos.

Country Music Video
    1967 C-10 Chevy Video Shoot
    Hiking video using only HD2000 Glidecam
    Producer / Director / Photographer
    www.vtlithyouvong.com

In the first video, Lone Star Man, you definitely hit the spot for film look. What did you shoot that with and what were your settings? I liked the colour grding as well.

The C-10 also had good film look to it. The saturation was a little off for my taste but it still looked like film. What lens did you use? The depth of field was extremely shallow.

This is some good stuff here.

Comment

Thanks Mick. The music video was my very first actual production; from pre to production to post with film crews. Of course the film crews were all friends and I gave them all a crash course of each of their roles. All shot on a Canon 5D Mark lll with an 85mm prime lens with f-stop of 1.8 to 2.8., with an ND filter because it was so bright out and my ISO was at its minimum of 100, I needed an ND filter to correct exposure. Settings were: Contrast and sharpness all the way down, saturation half way down and 30fps at 1/60 shutter. After watching it, I wish I should have shot it in 24fps at 1/48 shutter instead. Lesson learned. Majority were hand held and some were steadicam. Since it was a country music video, I went with color grading to almost yellowish country look.

For the C-10, same set up as the video except this time, it was set at 24fps with 1/48 shutter, but majority of shots were with a 17-40mm f/4 L lens set at 35mm. The color I was going for the instagram look. Since the actual color of the car was a little dull, I had to saturated a little bit. This video was put together in 1 hour. Just something my friend wanted to showcase his car he had worked on.

The last vid was just a vid for my kids. Just them having fun. All shot on steadicam, same set up as the C-10 shoot but all were at 17mm.

Post was done on Movie Studio Platinum 12.

Thanks for your comment, I glad you liked it.
      www.vtlithyouvong.com

Comment

You sir have talent. I am amazed that was 30p and not 24p. I would really like to see what you could do with a narrative film instead of a music video.

Comment

I wouldn't say talent. Just dedicated enough to learn as much as I can. As for a narrative...I would love to do one. Available time is a big thing for me..especially having a day job. But a narrative will come soon.
          www.vtlithyouvong.com

Comment

Working...
          X