Music video of Mine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music video of Mine

Here is a video for my song 'Day Dreamin'' I edited the video myself and co-directed it. I had a friend of mine at B&E Productions shoot it. I would love some feedback. The song is is off of my first album 'Write of Passage'. Let me know what you think!

I liked it, seems like you guys used an old camera, when did you film this?

Comment

Pretty cool. I'd try to stay away from camera movement aside from pans and tilts though, some of the zoom makes it look a little amateur. Also, a little more coverage would be good. That way you can cut to more angles of the rapper. I like the overall scenes going on. If you work on the pacing a little, the chase scenes would be even more exciting. Overall, very nice work and I can't wait to see more!
      -AF

sigpic

Comment

That was really good. I was especially impressed by the musical and lyrical quality of the song. I also like the symbolism of the story portrayed in the video: running away from himself. Are you the musician in the video?

I agree with Anonymous Filmmaker about the movement and zooms tho.

As a personal opinion and style, I would have cut the footage a lot more too... and I mean a LOT more. While a huge amount of cuts may not be ideal for a scripted movie, in a music video it works, especially when you line up cuts to the beats and rhythm.

Good stuff man. I've subscribed to your channel and liked the video on Youtube! :-D

Comment

Good rhymes and I really like your message. Cool twist in the end, your saving yourself.
          L A Morgan
          Novels, Screenplays, Short Scripts, and Music
          http://lamorganwriter.com

Comment

You have a really nice voice and sound. :)

Comment

Thanks, It was filmed a couple years ago and on a budget. Unfortunately I don't have the capital for a truly professional camera (yet) haha. Thank you for the feedback!

Comment

Thank you for the feedback! Appreciate the kind words!

Comment

Thank you :)

Comment

I appreciate the detailed feedback, yes I am the musician in the video. This song being from my first album, the quality of the music has evolved since but I will definitely use the video advice from everyone for my next video.. That was actually only the 2nd music video of mine I ever made.. And all Im working with for that is pinnacle studio 14.. Someone else shot this video but the camera I own is very cheap as well.. I am excited to someday upgrade to something more legitimate.

Comment

Here are two more of them you guys would like to see any more. Both of these are a couple years old and the shadows video I shot and edited by myself in about 2 hours. Definitely not super professional quality as far as video quality but I felt both told an excellent story.

Comment

Working...
                      X