Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd like some critics!

Hello everyone

I'm here to get some advices and critics about my films.
    Since I don't really know any other filmmakers, witch aren't my friends,
    I don't get any harsh critics or suggestions. From my experience,
    you learn the most from that kind of feedback.

Very cool visually - so if that's your goal, great.
    Story? I didn't see any. But if you weren't aiming for any, then no worries :)
    Screenwriter and script consultant: www.maralesemann.com

Comment

How did you get that aerial shot in the beginning of the first video? That was awesome!

Comment

These were beautifully shot, and the people in them were very talented, but they were (in my opinion) way to long. The average YouTube audience will not be able to sit through more than about 2 min of the same thing, maybe even less. They were filmed and graded amazingly. Good job!
        -AF

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mara View Post
          Very cool visually - so if that's your goal, great.
          Story? I didn't see any. But if you weren't aiming for any, then no worries :)
          There isn't a narrative, just trying to show the lifestyle and fun involved.
          I still try to edit the shots in an order that makes sense and guides the viewer trough the film.

Originally posted by Charles View Post
          How did you get that aerial shot in the beginning of the first video? That was awesome!
          We use remote controlled helicopters that stream a video link to the ground.

Originally posted by Anonymous Filmmaker View Post
          These were beautifully shot, and the people in them were very talented, but they were (in my opinion) way to long. The average YouTube audience will not be able to sit through more than about 2 min of the same thing, maybe even less. They were filmed and graded amazingly. Good job!
          I have the tendency to edit a little on the long side...
          The YouTube statistics show that to.
          On the next one I will actively try to edit a bit shorter, and sort the shots a little better.

Comment

These videos remind me of Devin Super Tramp! very well done!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrUiBbDsXms

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdJc1...3TvBFQ&index=9http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdJc1...3TvBFQ&index=9
              Hers another one quite similar

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                I have more informations and images about that here.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Duck Studios View Post
                  I have more informations and images about that here.
                  Hey Fat Duck Studios,

Please be sure to answer questions here, you may link and promote, but please no links to answer questions.

Very cool setup BTW
                  Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

Comment

Wow reminds me so much of Devin lol. I hope you guys keep up with some creative stuff and are able to hang with Devin, I know him and I can tell you that guy works his ass off.

Love those shots!
                    http://www.youtube.com/user/TheOnlyHavey

Comment

Enjoyed your videos.

The only suggestion I have, and it's purely subjective, is the songs could be better. Music is my life. If there's a video with a song that moves me, I never want it to end. But, if the song doesn't hit home, I find no matter how much I enjoy the visual, I'll change halfway through.

Of course these are your videos, and you should put music that moves you and hopefully the audience you're trying to reach. So, the question to ask yourself is "Do these songs lend themselves musically or lyrically to the visual story you're trying to tell?" I know this isn't a narrative, but your subject matter is dangerous and edgy, the music should compliment that.

Comment

And another one:

Comment

I guess your videos are more like mini documentaries. Your shots, camera movements, and angles are amazing and really inspiring. Your great at bringing the subjects personality to life. Its so well shot I feel anxious from watching these people do these amazing talents. You should make a scripted short film, I bet it would be captivating with your shooting style.
                          Can I ask what your background in film is? (like did you go to school)
                          And what camera do you use?

Comment

It's nice to hear that people are liking my content.
                            I tend to try to keep the camera moving, that suggests fun and action. I found that sometimes only one static shot in the series of moving ones can break the flow. I am actually working on a 30min scripted short film. Planned on have it finished by the end of summer vacations.
                            I didn't go to school for film. I sorta came in from the cameras I put on the drones and the films I cut from the aerial footage.
                            I use a Canon 600D and a GoPro 3 black for the aerials.

Comment

I like them, very cool stuff. It would be nice to see a longer video though. Great stuff!

Comment

Working...
                              X