What're your youtube experiences?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What're your youtube experiences?

I've been asking questions about doing a webseries, and I understand most Youtube channels don't make a lot of money, but they don't lose money either, so the only thing the producers would lose is their time.

What're the experiences of our members, may I ask?

Youtube is the future. Honestly. You can make great amounts of money on Youtube if you can learn to promote yourself along with your videos. But you have to be consistent and you have to have creative and fun content.

I honestly love Youtube. I get on the site on a daily basis and I use it all the time.

Trying to build my channel with content now.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TheOnlyHavey

Comment

Of the top 10 money earners on YouTube, 9 of them are comics and humours nature. Of couse, being funny all the time is difficult. But in terms of making money and attracting subscribers, that's the best way.

Comment

Originally posted by Director View Post
        Of the top 10 money earners on YouTube, 9 of them are comics and humours nature. Of couse, being funny all the time is difficult. But in terms of making money and attracting subscribers, that's the best way.
        Thanks for the help, Director. When you say, "best way", what alternatives are you comparing it to?

Comment

Originally posted by Aspiringmogul View Post
          I've been asking questions about doing a webseries, and I understand most Youtube channels don't make a lot of money, but they don't lose money either, so the only thing the producers would lose is their time.

What're the experiences of our members, may I ask?
          Well, I think Youtube may soon be able to make much more money. I posted a news thread (not sure if it got approved) about how soon you may have to pay for subscriptions to be allowed to watch certain channels. This could be annoying for viewers, but producers could make much more money.
          -AF

sigpic

Comment

Here is my experience with Youtube:

1. Upload short films that I work really hard on making for an entire month: less than 100 views each

2. Do a mix of other people's guitar covers of Psy's Gentleman because I was a bored one afternoon and upload to Youtube with no video, just a still image: 1200 views

Comment

Actually there will be plenty of money to make in the future youtube will shortly begin a beta version of a paid subscribtion for selected youtube channels. If you like 'em you gotta pay 'em.

Comment

I'm not convinced subscriptions are the way to go. Free videos aren't getting enough views to make anyone rich, which means that, if they have to pay for them, they'll view the videos less often, which would lower the hit rate.

My problem with internet entertainment is that no one has been able to make it truly profitable.

Comment

I'm pretty sure there are quite a bit of people on Youtube who make enough money each month to where they don't even have to think about working.

I'm pretty sure if you Youtube page is pretty popular you can easily shell out $5,000 a month.

In my book, thats great money to someone who just uploads videos to a website.

Comment

$5,000 a month is good, but don't they have to pay the actors et al? I read about Felicia Day, an actress who does one of the more popular shows, but she still needs a second job.

Comment

Well most popular channels are popular because of 1-3 people. So they are the ones making money.

I have personally talked to DevinSuperTramp. I talk to him probably once a month, super cool guy, extremely popular.

He travels the planet doing amazing videos, fun videos. I know for a fact he was making like thousands per month, PLUS he was getting endorsements from companies.

I'm telling you, that you can easily make a living off Youtube if you play your cards right.

Comment

So how do I play my cards right? :)

Comment

Originally posted by Aspiringmogul View Post
                          So how do I play my cards right? :)
                          If it's anything like poker, fold a lot. ;-)

Comment

Humor. Honestly.

Or something so unique people can't look away. I believe Nick said that the most popular Youtube channels are the ones that are home to lots of funny comedy. Which is true.

The other is being really unique with music, doing your own covers, ect.

But since this is film, honestly you need to be funny or have something extremely creative like DevinSuperTramp.

Then be consistent and promote yourself like crazy.

Comment

Yes there a plenty of youtubers that make 100,000 dollar salaries just from youtube like Phillip defranco and Freddie W

Comment

Working...
                              X