Fast Pace YouTube Videos

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fast Pace YouTube Videos

Hey guys, so I have been studying many different youtube videos. Something I have noticed is that the fast paced youtube videos seem to be very popular. I am wondering why that is? I noticed that they seem to record themselves and then just cut very fast quick clips in, im pretty sure that there more popular videos that have 3-5 second shots at most!

I am wondering why that is?

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
    Hey guys, so I have been studying many different youtube videos. Something I have noticed is that the fast paced youtube videos seem to be very popular. I am wondering why that is? I noticed that they seem to record themselves and then just cut very fast quick clips in, im pretty sure that there more popular videos that have 3-5 second shots at most!

I am wondering why that is?
    Normally, or at least the type of shorts I watch, are full of action. Most good action shorts are fast paced. Also, it is more interesting for the audience than just plain slowly moving shots.
    -AF

sigpic

Comment

Hey Jimmy!

Its all about attention span :) Adults watching youtube is the same as a child :)
      Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Soares View Post
        Hey Jimmy!

Its all about attention span :) Adults watching youtube is the same as a child :)
        True. I remember watching some old movie (can't remember which one,) and thinking how long the title sequence was, and how it would never work in a modern movie.
        -AF

sigpic

Comment

Yeah now a days on youtube its about the money. Audience retention is key the shorter the video the quicker to the point the fastest thing that MAKES YOU LAUGH gets that click and that click makes the channel money.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Soares View Post
            Hey Jimmy!

This. For sure. You have to keep the audiences attention.
            http://www.youtube.com/user/TheOnlyHavey

Comment

YouTube audiences have a short attention span, that is why you see short videos from many of the big channels. If you want to upload a longer video to YT you really have to grab their attention at the beginning to get them to continue to watch.
              Red Onyx Productions

Comment

Originally posted by RedBrick1 View Post
                YouTube audiences have a short attention span, that is why you see short videos from many of the big channels. If you want to upload a longer video to YT you really have to grab their attention at the beginning to get them to continue to watch.
                Exactly what I was going to say. The common person isn't much for a pro-dialogue piece, a good film to them is one that keeps them on the edge of their seats or crying of laughter from start to finish. Unlike us lot, they don't really look into what makes a great film and are happy with everything being sudden and in their faces
                "Nobody knows anything"

Comment

Originally posted by MasterDisaster View Post
                  Exactly what I was going to say. The common person isn't much for a pro-dialogue piece, a good film to them is one that keeps them on the edge of their seats or crying of laughter from start to finish. Unlike us lot, they don't really look into what makes a great film and are happy with everything being sudden and in their faces
                  Sad really, I have seen BEATIFUL films on YouTube with a great story. But they never get the attention they deserve.
                  Red Onyx Productions

Comment

Originally posted by RedBrick1 View Post
                    Sad really, I have seen BEATIFUL films on YouTube with a great story. But they never get the attention they deserve.
                    That is the truth!

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
                      That is the truth!
                      Wish it wasn't though. I really think that we need to try and support other YouTube filmmakers. A simple "like" and a comment can encourage the director and help spread the video around the site.
                      Red Onyx Productions

Comment

Working...
                      X