Youtube Channel - SquintyStudios

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Youtube Channel - SquintyStudios

Hi guys. Some may know that attempting youtube fame is very hard since a lot of people really want to get into that spotlight. Well, you could say that I'm one of them. I'm currently the the director, DoP, editor and personality of the Squinty Studios channel. My friend is also training to be a DoP as well as you will see at the end of the video.

We're starting off with small skits to practice making better videos in the future and learn from our mistake. Our approach on this is variety where we do short skits, slice of life style scenes, public questioning about controversial questions and feel good videos. Much of the inspiration I got was from as you may know as Wong Fu Productions and Devin Super Tramp. There are other great youtubers out there, but they were the main ones.

We'll be releasing videos every fortnight, but ignore our claim for 100000 subscribers, I'm just going to make videos either fortnightly or weekly, just because I love making videos. Our aim is to put a smile on someone's face or to make our viewers think about things in life that they would usually ignore. Here is our first video. Be sure to watch to the end, unless it's so bad you can't, but if you can it would be much appreciated.

It's a bit immature, but growing old is mandatory, however growing up is optional. I'll be updating the top page every time I post a new video.

I think the croch shots are a bit unnecessary, also your color correction was a bit on the purple side (to much purple hue)

Though I must say I did laugh a few times. Keep it up and just keep making videos, if people find them funny, eventually they will subscribe
    Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

Comment

Thanks for replying Nick. Yeah, the color correction was a bit gg. I should of at least made the dark detailing where the shadows as close to black / grey / white as I could. Although, I'm still learning colour correction and grading. That's the plan. I'm planning on making all sorts of videos when I'm not working on shorts and so forth.

Comment

Hi guys. I just created another video. However, this isn't a short film, but more of a highlights reel of a bouldering session I filmed with my friend and a few others. Feedback would be great.

This was filmed in the afternoon, so as the sun started to go down, the footage became more blue. So I had to colour correct some of the footage. The shot of my friend opening the bouldering mat was around 5PM. The forest became very dark. Thanks for watching!

Comment

Nice shots! Something looks wrong with the shot at 24 seconds. I'm not sure if it is color correction or quality problem. What camera are you using? Also, what is your target audience for this? It is extremely long.
          -AF

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous Filmmaker View Post
            Nice shots! Something looks wrong with the shot at 24 seconds. I'm not sure if it is color correction or quality problem. What camera are you using? Also, what is your target audience for this? It is extremely long.
            Sorry for the late reply. The target audiences are for rockclimbers and boulderers. Although, I wanted to show what shot I could do with the equipment I had and to see if others found it entertaining or not. I used a Canon 60D with a 24-105mm f/4 Canon Lens and used a tripod steadicam rig I found online. I'd like to invest into a glidecam later on. I was experimenting with 'auto color' on Adobe Premiere Pro CS5, but now I realise I could just use the contrast to make colours more defined.

Latest videos:

Jugger Australis Battle Sports

I wasn't too happy with how it turned out, but the Jugger guys seemed to like the video. However, they were probably biased.

Growing Up As Boys - Short Skit

For all the men out there, do you remember when you were little and the smallest nipple slip would make you excited and your heart race. But now, at the age of 21+ looking at women being naughty isn't as appealing as it use to be. Enjoy the video!

Leave any feedback as usual. I would like to hear from you guys!

Comment

Wow, stay away from auto color. That did not look like a 60D.
              -AF

sigpic

Comment

Wow, stay away from auto color. That did not look like a 60D.
                Yeah I know now to stay away from auto color. Was that comment a bad thing, or a good thing o.O. From my guesses, it not looking like a 60D was a bad thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Brisbane Nerf-Group View Post
                  Yeah I know now to stay away from auto color. Was that comment a bad thing, or a good thing o.O. From my guesses, it not looking like a 60D was a bad thing.
                  Yes, bad thing.
                  -AF

sigpic

Comment

I just watched the first video. Had some humor in there, i would really work on your scripting and try to really incorporate some really funny stuff. Make it more of a story, it seemed like it just started then ended with no real middle to get some humor across.

Something else at the end of the video, when you guys are doing vlogs or whatever and you are talking to your audience. I would really work on your public speaking skills. I know its hard to learn to talk to a camera, but I'm being dead serious that people will not subscribe and will turn away if you don't learn that skill!

But I like your stuff man, keep it up.
                    http://www.youtube.com/user/TheOnlyHavey

Comment

Yes, bad thing.
                      Ah damn it! Lol, It probably had to do with the post production stuff. The time of day, etc.

Originally posted by Havey View Post
                      I just watched the first video. Had some humor in there, i would really work on your scripting and try to really incorporate some really funny stuff. Make it more of a story, it seemed like it just started then ended with no real middle to get some humor across.

Something else at the end of the video, when you guys are doing vlogs or whatever and you are talking to your audience. I would really work on your public speaking skills. I know its hard to learn to talk to a camera, but I'm being dead serious that people will not subscribe and will turn away if you don't learn that skill!

But I like your stuff man, keep it up.
                      Yeah, I realised that my friend and I were relatively awkward on camera :(. I really appreciate the feedback! Negative stuff is always good stuff because that way I can continue to learn. I also realise to get hits, you need to make a video that people 'want' to share. You can't ask people to share it because they will watch, and say that's alright and move on.

I'm going to be pumping a variety of videos out once a week. Thanks for the feedback!

Comment

Just saying, the time of day is production, not post production. Not trying to be mean, just saying.
                        -AF

sigpic

Comment

I never said that the "time of day" was post production. If I said that time of day was part of the post production, then yes. However, I listed it as it was. My grammar might not be that good though. Thanks for trying to correct me anyway =).

Comment

Yea man no problem! Just continue to work on those speaking skills and really works on the production of your films. Remember its quality of quantity!
                            http://www.youtube.com/user/TheOnlyHavey

Comment

Originally posted by Havey View Post
                              Yea man no problem! Just continue to work on those speaking skills and really works on the production of your films. Remember its quality of quantity!
                              Yes, sorry, it looked like that too me.
                              -AF

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X