The Future Of YouTube Subscribers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Future Of YouTube Subscribers

Hey guys, after about 2 years of testing about 15 different YouTube channels and about 45 websites, I have come to a conclusion on what will happen with YouTube subscribers:

#1 First of all, 80 percent of the population is still figuring out that they can subscribe to their favorite people.

#2 People that continuously upload what they subscribers want (weekly) or better (daily) then around the 50-60 video mark the videos will begin to spread like cancer and subscribers will come poring in.

The catch, & The future:

#3 As the world gets used to YouTube and the ability to subscribe, the YouTube'ers that have a very broad, mixed niche, videos will begin to disappear. The people who are creating extremely niche videos and do not change their niche will find a big boom in subscribers. You will find that some big players are figuring this out and are now creating multiple channels if a few videos a month are a little different they what the subscribers are used to.

------

Understanding the mentality of the subscriber -

We are in the times that people are looking for niche subjects to subscribe to, I have mentioned this in my article Making Money On YouTube Part 2 - YouTube if becoming a free school, and people naturally enjoy learning, so niche informative channels will be growing like crazy over the next 5 years. So if you have already started then good for you! If you haven't, then get on it and do not worry that no one is subscribing, if you are giving good information that is worth the 3, 4, or 50 minutes of the persons time then you are in good shape and I truly believe you will be a successful YouTube'er :)

Screenshot of my profitsHere is a sample of my last months reports: (I know my YouTube is low, but I have so much more info to tell at a different time.) And yes I will keep my Channels and Websites secret for now, and will release them some time in the future as well:
    Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

Great advice Nick! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by Klay M Abele View Post
      Great advice Nick! Thanks for sharing!
      Something that always amazed me was the YouTube "CTR" - It was always around 5% which compared to websites is amazing.

Comment

It must be it being a video heavy atmosphere, people accept the ads and are more likely to engage.

Comment

nick please take this with the utmost respect(oddly enough i do have respect for you and a couple other people around these parts) but i completely disagree with what your saying. 'merica! but i dont think your niche subject "theory" is correct. the biggest youtube channels like smosh and ray william johnson have multiple channels, and look at the diffrence in the subs from there main channels to there other channels for videos games or vlogs w/e the channel may be for its ALWAYS a way lower sub and view rate. everything else you said is spot on though point #1 and #2, people still dont know what youtube isor how to use it (a tv network metaphorically ofcourse) and when you have a schedule on content and steady release of content they will come ive had 2 youtube chanels one that was only active for two months had about 9000 subs because of the steady amount of content i was droping about 2 videos a week.

but this is what i wanted to get to, youtube is about to take a MAJOR TURN in the next year or two, they will be implementing a subscriber system that you have to pay for to watch the videos. this is confirmed to be coming(was actually confirmed the day after twitch(.)tv changed there subscriber system SPIES!!!!) so i would also account for the change that this will bring to youtube, this will change SO MUCH and in my opinion will turn youtube into the next myspace or napster w/e metaphor you want to use.

but these are just one simpletons opinion. but i do have about two years of youtube experience(hopefully my new channel will take off in about a month when i start releasing content again)

edit: i forgot to metion that the company roosterteeth just started there second youtube channel...the subscriber increase hit a fucking wall about two days after the channel realeased and it is increaseing but not like you would think since there main channel has like 2 million subs. now the other channel is up to a million or something by now...but the videos on the new channel are widely known to be there biggest money makers outside of there flagship show red vs blue.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleazypanda View Post
            nick please take this with the utmost respect(oddly enough i do have respect for you and a couple other people around these parts) but i completely disagree with what your saying. 'merica! but i dont think your niche subject "theory" is correct. the biggest youtube channels like smosh and ray william johnson have multiple channels, and look at the diffrence in the subs from there main channels to there other channels for videos games or vlogs w/e the channel may be for its ALWAYS a way lower sub and view rate. everything else you said is spot on though point #1 and #2, people still dont know what youtube isor how to use it (a tv network metaphorically ofcourse) and when you have a schedule on content and steady release of content they will come ive had 2 youtube chanels one that was only active for two months had about 9000 subs because of the steady amount of content i was droping about 2 videos a week.

but this is what i wanted to get to, youtube is about to take a MAJOR TURN in the next year or two, they will be implementing a subscriber system that you have to pay for to watch the videos. this is confirmed to be coming(was actually confirmed the day after twitch(.)tv changed there subscriber system SPIES!!!!) so i would also account for the change that this will bring to youtube, this will change SO MUCH and in my opinion will turn youtube into the next myspace or napster w/e metaphor you want to use.

but these are just one simpletons opinion. but i do have about two years of youtube experience(hopefully my new channel will take off in about a month when i start releasing content again)

edit: i forgot to metion that the company roosterteeth just started there second youtube channel...the subscriber increase hit a fucking wall about two days after the channel realeased and it is increaseing but not like you would think since there main channel has like 2 million subs. now the other channel is up to a million or something by now...but the videos on the new channel are widely known to be there biggest money makers outside of there flagship show red vs blue.
            Well this might sound odd, but I completely agree with you, and with what I mentioned above. BUT, BUT, BUT, - I will personally, publicly state that the pay to subscribe will not be implemented in the next 5 years. The people that put out the funny videos will always be on top thats a fact and I apologize if I didn't add that in my OP. -- I am no future teller that is for sure, and when someone always tries to guess what is going to happen next it is always a big risk on their reputation and I am willing to bet what I am saying is correct. I should also mention that the main idea of the original post was to state that if you have a niche subject then get going on creating high quality content -

About RoosterTeeth - I have been following them since the Halo 1 days. I remember their first video and I feel that even compliments what I am talking about, Red vs Blue is a niche audience :) who knows what could be the next big video game and who knows, you might be the next RoosterTeeth on YouTube :)

Sleazypanda, great post and thanks for stating your thoughts on this. You might be right :)

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Soares View Post
              Well this might sound odd, but I completely agree with you, and with what I mentioned above. BUT, BUT, BUT, - I will personally, publicly state that the pay to subscribe will not be implemented in the next 5 years. The people that put out the funny videos will always be on top thats a fact and I apologize if I didn't add that in my OP. -- I am no future teller that is for sure, and when someone always tries to guess what is going to happen next it is always a big risk on their reputation and I am willing to bet what I am saying is correct. I should also mention that the main idea of the original post was to state that if you have a niche subject then get going on creating high quality content -

About RoosterTeeth - I have been following them since the Halo 1 days. I remember their first video and I feel that even compliments what I am talking about, Red vs Blue is a niche audience :) who knows what could be the next big video game and who knows, you might be the next RoosterTeeth on YouTube :)

Sleazypanda, great post and thanks for stating your thoughts on this. You might be right :)
              like i said much respect man, and i do see your point now about the niche audience but i guess i never really saw rvb or anything like as niche manily because its one of the biggest things on the internet, i mean they were crashing servers before it was cool. but i do see how it is niche its video game related very dry and rude humor. i get it

edit: do you really think there gunna wait 5 years to do that to youtube. if youtube is even here in 5 years i will be blown away with the way the internet works i dont think youtube will last that long nor will things like roosterteeth and smosh and all that good stuff they will die off and so will youtube and if they wait 5 years to implement this they probably wont even be popular. the obvious example being live journal. it was HUGE when it came out in like 2000 1999 something like that. then myspace came out and took over the social network market. then facebook. before youtube was nothing like it where you could get free bandwidth it was groundbreaking...now its not and it will get takin over by something like vimeo before 5 years go by. but thats if you look at the trends of the internet, now i could be wrong wouldnt it be crazy if youtube was popular for like 100 years...i mean look at 4chan its been around since ive been on the internet so you never know i guess
              Last edited by Sleazypanda; 04-23-2013, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Been a while since I have been on, so much more info to find. Thanks everyone!

Nick, still think you should add a "Recommended Links" menu on the homepage :)

Comment

Working...
                X