Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building Your Social Fans, Followers, Subscribers - Topic

Share Your Ideas - Share a Question - Share how you did it

So I have been seeing this question all over the place and I thought I would start a topic on it and everyone can either post what they have done, or where they are at now, or ask questions to those that have lots of subscribers, followers, etc...

Ill start by bringing up a issue currently in the filmmaking industry.

Currently many people think that distribution and profits are gone (not true but lets just pretend that it is) and therefor people are looking to self distribute, now that sounds like a great idea but what happens once you put up an amazing video? Many people seem to think that their work will go viral just because it is a great video, after all there are some of the dumbest videos out there getting millions of views daily "How Hard Can It Be"? -- The answer is very hard if you do not know what you are doing. It is all about building your audience so they can get emails, or other ways to know when a new video is released by you. The goal is to get millions of subscribers to be able to self distribute your films and make a decent amount of money

**The above is posted in reference to short films - Feature films are still very much needed in the distribution market, there are lots of countries looking for content**
    Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

My channel is 4 months old with no subscribers. Haven't advertised it that much because I only have one video. I am mainly focusing on filming and editing in order to upload more videos

Comment

Test Bump
      Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

Comment

I think people can also tend to focus on social media promotion too much. A lot of the time I think ahead of myself, about things like promotion and getting it out there whereas I should be focused on making the best production possible, and I haven't even made a proper short film yet!
        https://vimeo.com/gradeb

Comment

Sorry, ignore this post. I was going to delete it, but then I saw the rules:)
          -AF

sigpic

Comment

Smiley,
            I think that you have a good approach. The more films you prepare ahead of time, the better! Then, you can post frequently on a regular schedule. That helps gain subscribers.

Good Luck!
            -AF
            -AF

sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X