Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do I say to Actors who are not Local?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do I say to Actors who are not Local?

I've been getting some emails from actors who seem like theyd be solid for the film however they're messaging me from New York & different Countries and I'm in GA. Now I understand Actors will travel for work, but this is unpaid and I'm looking for someone within the city of Atlanta that has easy access to get in touch with. How do I tell them I'm not looking for someone out of State, without sounding rude?

Tell them that it is an unpaid shoot. That if they would like to get some practice in, some credit in a film and would like to be in it then that would be fine. But the fact is you just aren't paying for actors at the moment and that you are working with an extremely low budget.

I doubt you will sound very rude my man. Just tell them upfront its not a paid gig and if they would like to travel and work on the job then great, but no pay would be involved.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TheOnlyHavey

Comment

ok, thanks holmes!

Comment

Tell them "It's unpaid but will look great on your demo reel."
        I write. Therefore I am.

Comment

Just be honest and upfront with them right?

Comment

People appreciate honesty. Just be short, sweet, and to the point. If you can't handle the volume of emails, copy and paste. :)
            Composer, Producer - www.adamspade.com

Comment

Originally posted by Charli View Post
              Tell them "It's unpaid but will look great on your demo reel."
              lol No, don't say that.
              Composer, Producer - www.adamspade.com

Comment

Working...
              X