How Long to Post..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Long to Post..

How long do you usually post casting calls in advance before the actual audition day?

Good question! My simple answer is - With my low-budgets, we put out casting calls 2-3 months ahead

When we deal with high B actors, we have to sometimes work around their schedule so we let them know 6-7 months ahead of time.

^ This is just what we do, some productions are different
    Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

Comment

With my low-budgets, we put out casting calls 2-3 months ahead
      Nick - do you mean 2 to 3 months ahead of the audition (OP's question) or ahead of the scheduled shoot?
      Screenwriter and script consultant: www.maralesemann.com

Comment

I would have said a month. But that might not be enough time.
        http://www.youtube.com/user/TheOnlyHavey

Comment

yeah I think I'm going to do it 2 months in advance. The film will only require 12 actors. and 4 of those are extras I'm using friends for.

Comment

Originally posted by mara View Post
            Nick - do you mean 2 to 3 months ahead of the audition (OP's question) or ahead of the scheduled shoot?
            Oh I read it wrong, I thought he meant production. Before casting calls, we will do a few weeks normally. Depending on how big of a roll at times we will spread the word a month before the actual auditions, giving people time to plan and make it.
            Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

Comment

sweet, thanks!

Comment

I made mine for the 27th of July. Now I feel like an idiot because it feels too far away. Would it be smart to change it to like the 13th now or is it too late?

Comment

I would say that depends on when you want to start filming. But that is far away :)

Comment

yeah it is. It's my first time posting casting calls and doing all the PR stuff, so lesson learned I guess! I'm trying to get the placed I booked for auditions moved to the 13th. 5 Weeks wait seems a lot more logical than 8 weeks lol.

Comment

Working...
                    X