Looking for a post-production team

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a post-production team

In middle school, actors are a bit easier to come by then talented post-production workers. Luckily, thanks to all the video-sharing technology nowadays, I find that I can literally just send a film around the web, going from one person's desktop to another's to another's and returned to me with post-production finished!

So, for this feature film, I will need:

CGI Modelers
    CGI Animators
    CGI Compositors
    VFX Editors
    Rotoscopers
    Sound mixers
    Sound effects editors
    Foley creators
    (One person could do multiple jobs if they wanted to)

This is a film adaption to a children's fantasy series by Lloyd Alexander, called "The Chronicles of Prydain." If our rights manager can get us the Film/TV rights, or at least strike a deal, then we will be able to make a profit. If not, this will be a non-profit indie for Youtube and Vimeo, but after the credits we can ask for donations to the studio in general, and money may still be involved.

I am splitting the 5 books into two movies. Prydain Part 1 and Prydain Part 2. Subtitles yet to be determined.

Prydain Part 1 Logline: A hunt for a missing pig brings the young farm boy Taran into a world of dwarves, imps, princes, zombies, dark lords and ladies...and he is the only one that can save it.

Prydain Part 2 Logline: With his best friend kidnapped, his greatest foe resurrected, and a prophecy asking him to one day rule the entire land, Taran seeks out his true family, as his enemies close in for one final attack.

I can give you more info or maybe a synopsis if you are interested. :)
    Last edited by Bryce Welsh; 03-29-2013, 10:50 AM.

What kind of VFX are we talking here?
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TheOnlyHavey

Comment

Originally posted by Bryce Welsh View Post
      going from one person's desktop to another's to another's and returned to me with post-production finished!
      Darn, why didn't I ever think of this! ;) Files are normally to big with feature films but I think you are talking about short clips right? If so then you are absolutely correct... Wait, I just finished reading your post, a feature film that will be hard to do (unless something new has happened and I missed it) You might be better off getting a flashdrive and sending that out, just thinking out loud.
      Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

Comment

We used Dropbox for a lot of file transfers/file sharing; I know people who use U Send It also.
        Screenwriter and script consultant: www.maralesemann.com

Comment

I use dropbox as well, but I have never tried a HD feature film, how long did it take Mara?

Well I take that back, I do remember using DropBox when it first came out for a full feature, it was a nightmare :) I am curious on others thoughts with it

Comment

Uploading the whole movie was a looonnnggg process, but we only did that a few times.
            In those cases, the upload would run for 18 or 20 hours; she would set it up at a time when
            she could walk away and leave it. On the plus side, once it was uploaded,
            it was accessible to multiple people around the world for different tasks, rather than having to physically
            move a flash drive from place to place for each person.

But mostly the director would upload bits and pieces that needed to be worked on by different people, or just dialogue,
            or sound effects, or music, or the credits...They would work on that, return it to her, and integrate it into the whole.
            Screenwriter and script consultant: www.maralesemann.com

Comment

to attract vfx artist you need at least to talk about your feature film project : genre, the concept , synopsis

to say that there is maybe money involved will never attract artist, it s all about passion and energy .

also you just need two guy : a vfx artist and a sound designer that's it

most vfx artist freelance in 2013 do : animation modeling and compositing

Comment

Yea the guy above me hit the nail on the head.

I'm not trying to sound rude but goodluck trying to find a VFX artist when you areen't giving much info and not only that, saying they MIGHT get paid. Its so time consuming that most VFX artists won't do that type of work for free.
                http://www.youtube.com/user/TheOnlyHavey

Comment

Originally posted by Havey View Post
                  Yea the guy above me hit the nail on the head.
                  Then give him a Thumbs Up :)

Comment

for example a super project can attract many vfx artists, for underworld 4 they had many vfx artist helping for free but it's also a carrier choice to have some of undeworld footage in their demoreel .

actualy me as a vfx artist, i m ready to work for free for any vampire project :)

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Soares View Post
                      Darn, why didn't I ever think of this! ;) Files are normally to big with feature films but I think you are talking about short clips right? If so then you are absolutely correct... Wait, I just finished reading your post, a feature film that will be hard to do (unless something new has happened and I missed it) You might be better off getting a flashdrive and sending that out, just thinking out loud.
                      That's a great idea. A flashdrive wold probably work a lot better, and save the frustration of windows-to-mac stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Havey View Post
                        What kind of VFX are we talking here?
                        Well probably Rotoscope and occasional CGI.

Comment

Originally posted by gorillafilms View Post
                          to attract vfx artist you need at least to talk about your feature film project : genre, the concept , synopsis

to say that there is maybe money involved will never attract artist, it s all about passion and energy .

also you just need two guy : a vfx artist and a sound designer that's it

most vfx artist freelance in 2013 do : animation modeling and compositing
                          Yeah, thanks. Good ideas. In fact, I think I'll go edit it, and throw in a log line and some info about it. :)

Comment

yes super idea.

Comment

Working...
                            X