Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First time working with special effect eyes, check it out!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time working with special effect eyes, check it out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DP3U7-Bas6E

I'm not sure what you did, which means I can't see the effect, which means you did it very well.

Ok, tell us what you did. Change eye color?

Steve

Comment

I am guessing they either masked out the iris frame by frame, and colored them red... or maybe it would be easier to do it practical and have the actor wear colored contact lenses?

Comment

Thank you for the feedback! I changed the eye color by masking out the iris frame by frame, and also the white part of the eye to give it a little more color. Shot on green screen and added the particles in the background.

Comment

Yes, could be very practical that way, but also ruins the fun!

Comment

You did a really good job. I know how tedious rotoscoping (frame by frame) is. You've got a lot of patience. The iris was also blended on the edges well with no hard lines. If one were to scrutinize the work, watching it over and over, it would become more obvious what was done, but for the casual observer watching the video for the first time, and probably the second time, they would not notice anything.

I didn't even think of the particles. They also were used well, not intrusive, not commanding too much attention, just accenting the shot. Very good job.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmeech2014 View Post
              Yes, could be very practical that way, but also ruins the fun!
              Oh well for me, the color contacts are more fun, but I guess I just prefer practical effects over computer :)

Comment

Working...
              X