Need VFX Artist with Motion-Tracking knowledge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paid Job Need VFX Artist with Motion-Tracking knowledge

Hello! Does anybody here watch an NBC show called "Grimm"? I am making a short (8 mins), non-profit fan film based off of Grimm, in which some monsters (wessen) chase a man through a forest. I wanted to do make-up, but when we got to our location it rained on us, so I thought I would do the monsters on After Effects using the motion-tracing system. I figured it would be easy enough as long as I followed a tutorial. I was wrong.

If there is anyone out there who is knowledgable in VFX or motion-tracking who would like to help, I would be willing to pay you. This short film is zero budget, and so the money would come straight out of my pocket - in other words, it won't be much. Maybe 10 bucks for a start, and probably more, depending on how much you do with it.

If you want to do it for more, I will bargain. (I don't know how much work/time it involves, so if this is a real pain, I'll pay you more.)

What I need is two monsters - or "wessen" for Grimm fans - who chase a man. One is a blutbad, which is like a werewolf (would require sharp teeth, red eyes and optionally pointy ears and spiky hair) and the other is a hasslich (would require yellow eyes and some decomposed-looking skin).

If you accept the job, I can give you more info. Thanks!

So all you need is motion tracking?
    -AF

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous Filmmaker View Post
      So all you need is motion tracking?
      well, not exactly. like i said, it would also be the red eyes, sharp teeth, etc. etc. And there are quite a few shots I need it on.

Comment

If I'm understanding you, you shot people doing the things you want the monster to do--running, etc.

And you want someone here to basically add the monster while following the actors' movements.

That's a multi-thousand dollar job, isn't it? I mean, that's like two weeks' worth of work at a minimum.

I think you may be better off reshooting on a non-rainy day with some make-up. From there you can easily add glowing eyes, etc.

Kurt Hathaway
        khathawayart[at]gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by khathawayart View Post
          If I'm understanding you, you shot people doing the things you want the monster to do--running, etc.

And you want someone here to basically add the monster while following the actors' movements.

That's a multi-thousand dollar job, isn't it? I mean, that's like two weeks' worth of work at a minimum.

I think you may be better off reshooting on a non-rainy day with some make-up. From there you can easily add glowing eyes, etc.

Kurt Hathaway
          no, actually that's not the job. i realize that's a very expensive job. all i need is some monster facial features to follow the character's faces. i've seen this be done using only after effects.

Comment

Oh, I see. That's still pretty involved and I think you'd need some 3D rendering along the way if the faces are turning.

At any rate, good luck and definitely follow up with an update post if you get this done.

I know I'd be curious to see it!

Kurt Hathaway
            -------------------
            VikingDream7 Productions
            Video Production & Editing

Comment

Originally posted by khathawayart View Post
              Oh, I see. That's still pretty involved and I think you'd need some 3D rendering along the way if the faces are turning.

At any rate, good luck and definitely follow up with an update post if you get this done.

I know I'd be curious to see it!

Kurt Hathaway
              -------------------
              VikingDream7 Productions
              Video Production & Editing

i'm trying a new way, doing it myself. i'm just finding monster faces and pasting them overtop of the subjects' faces with the opacity turned down so that the two faces blend. i don't know how it'll turn out though...

Comment

Originally posted by Bryce Welsh View Post
                i'm trying a new way, doing it myself. i'm just finding monster faces and pasting them overtop of the subjects' faces with the opacity turned down so that the two faces blend. i don't know how it'll turn out though...
                I know there is a pack being sold (I think its around $100, maybe less) and it has monster elements that you composite over people. I forget the name but filmriot did an episode on it, so you could find it somewhere on their channel.
                -AF

sigpic

Comment

Hey, if you could send me one of the shots and i could see how hard it is to track it and such, and how you would like the monter to look like would also be nice :P

Comment

Here it is, only $60: http://rampantdesigntools.com/produc...kit-for-video/
                    -AF

sigpic

Comment

hello

I would also like to see if I can do the effects for you.
                      My e-mail is juha[at]3d2delectronicdreams.com
                      In chase you send e-mail to me take the 2d out
                      of the e-mail address

Comment

Working...
                      X