Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for decent VFX software.

Greetings everyone,

I'm relatively new to this filmmaking game and am learning the details of the process as I go along. I have written several scripts, directed a few shorts and have just started editing things myself.

I use Sony Vegas Pro 11 for editing because I use Sony cameras and find there to be no issues at all with compatibility. For my next project, however, I'm going to be using some green screen and will need some decent VFX software to put things together. I'm not going to be doing anything too big, flashy or crazy, but was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a good software that works with Vegas.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Smith; 12-22-2013, 08:54 PM.

What is your price range?
    -AF

sigpic

Comment

I would like to keep it under $500. Also, I'd prefer something that's relatively user friendly and easy to learn.

Comment

I was just looking over the info for the Boris FX Continuum Complete. It's about $600 and I could make that work. Anyone have any experience using this software?

Comment

Maybe Adobe Creative Cloud it is about $60 per month.

Comment

Will Adobe software work with Vegas, though? Or just with Premiere or Final Cut?

Comment

I recommend Hitfilm.

www.hitfilm.com

Yes, it works with Vegas.

Comment

I'll take a look at it. Thanks.

Comment

I always recommend buying older versions of software on ebay to save on money.

You can buy Adobe After Effects CS3 for instance. Older versions means not the latest upgrade, of course, but affordable.

AND--It's such an amazing program it'll take you years to learn, anyway.

For $500, you may be able to find a CS4 or CS5 version, too.

Kurt Hathaway
                  khathawayart[at]gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                  X