Where to find cheap Special Effects artist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to find cheap Special Effects artist

So as you all know by now I am preparing for my first short film shoot. I need some help to find some cheap special effect artist and where I can find them would be a bonus as well :) I only have about 3 or 4 shots that will need SPFX in them and in total about 15 seconds.

I need some bullet hits on the ground

I need some fire in the background

I need some blood spatter on some walls

Any help with then matter would be great!

I have found many cheap visual effect artist on www.odesk.com (Other then the blood spatter you are talking about visual effects) See this thread --> http://www.filmmakerforum.org/spfx/1...l-effects.html

There are many talented visual effects artist out there across the world, and with the technology to get clips to them online you might have some good luck with odesk, but remember that you will have TONs of people trying to get the job, but 98% of them are not as good as they say. Make sure to ask for some sample reels and make sure you are very very clear on what you need done.
    Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
      So as you all know by now I am preparing for my first short film shoot. I need some help to find some cheap special effect artist and where I can find them would be a bonus as well :) I only have about 3 or 4 shots that will need SPFX in them and in total about 15 seconds.

I need some bullet hits on the ground

I need some fire in the background

I need some blood spatter on some walls

Any help with then matter would be great!
      That kind of stuff is pretty easy to do your self if you watch some tutorials. Either buy a stock footage pack like Action Essentials 2 from Video Copilot, or go to a site like detonation films. They even have some free assets! Do you have a compositing software?
      -AF

sigpic

Comment

To be clear, you'll need someone on set to handle the wall blood spatter.

The others are visual FX and can added later in post.

It's POSSIBLE to add the blood spatter later, but it'd be tricky to get the angles right in order to match up correctly. Better to do this on set.

Kurt Hathaway
        -------------------
        VikingDream7 Productions
        Video Production & Editing

khathawayart[at]gmail.com

Comment

It also depends on the style of hit. If you want just a "puff" of blood, you could add that in post. Just tint a smoke puff red and position it. For actual hits, you either need a VFX artist, or as Kurt said, a person on set.

Good luck!
          -AF
          -AF

sigpic

Comment

Blood effects are done in cgi, with after effects the vfx is added after the shot is tracked in 2D or 3D, then the effect is composited and then finally color corrected and finished with a noise/grain match, then exported in HD.
            https://www.mattepainting.be/

Comment

Working...
            X