Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What can I use to spray gallons of blood?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can I use to spray gallons of blood?

The scene is that a women is giving birth to a baby and the doctor is sprayed with a ton of blood before the baby is born, the scene is suppose to be over the top and ridiculous but I want to know what we can use to spray the blood.

Get something like one of those weed defense sprayer things. The like 5 gallon tub with rollers and a sprayer. It might do nice for a splatter effect.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TheOnlyHavey

Comment

I have special syringe if you need. But yea, a large syringe with a large opening will work great I think. When are you filming this?
      Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

Comment

Pt. 1: How To Create Blood Special Effects - YouTube

That is the technique I use. I have also seen someone use a water fire extinguisher for it.

Comment

That is too funny I was just searching the web for this same question. Thank you.

Comment

Cake making pipette. Go to a craft store, and they aren't to expensive, and some grocery stores/walmarts have them.
            Find me on Twitter: [at]Shadoe_Fox

Comment

This is great!

Comment

I was thinking somethign like a leaf blower, like in that one scene in Evil Dead where Ash is sprayed with a ton of blood

Comment

A paint sprayer would do the trick. One that plugs in with a built-in air compressor.

Kinda loud, though--so maybe ya'd have to ADR or foley the sound.

Kurt Hathaway
                  khathawayart[at]gmail.com

Comment

Actually, a thought occurs to me. How THICK is this gallon of blood. The pain sprayer won't work really well if it's to thick, while my own idea doesn't work with anything to watery. That's something it just occurred to me to consider.
                    Find me on Twitter: [at]Shadoe_Fox

Comment

I would think even if it was thick you could still maybe add some water to it? To un-thicken it?

Comment

I just did a search, and if you wanted to buy the blood, this looks pretty thin: http://www.dyegroup.com/filmblood/index.php/home/dempseys-stage-blood-500ml.html
                        -AF

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X