Micro budget feature "Entitled"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Micro budget feature "Entitled"

My name is Russell Davis. I write under the Pen name Raziel David. I have six full length scripts, two shorts , song lyrics, a T.V. pilot, a book, and ghost wrote a film called Senior Cut Day. I have also done freelance journalism for a tabloid company and magazine company called the G.O.O.D.S. magazine in San Diego.

Iím posting here to see if anyone is interested in buying or producing my thriller script called Entitled. It is a micro budget film (20,000 dollars or lower) about three people waking up in a room with no doors or windows. They notice a casket at the far side of the room with three locks and a timer counting down. They must figure out why they are there and what happens when the timer reaches zero. The film can be made with a low budget. It is a two location film with only four speaking characters. The synopsis is below.

Genre: Thriller

Shawn awakes in an enclosed room, not knowing how he got there and why. He notices two other people in the room. Upon waking up Paul, they try to figure out what is happening. They discover a casket with three locks attached to it and a timer counting down. This makes them panic wondering what could be in the casket. Paul tries to act calm, but Shawn is giving him a hard time.

Soon, things start appearing and disappearing at a whim. They then find an ax with a word carved into it, evil. This makes them very uneasy; especially since the third person is unable to wake. Upon finding information about each other, they learn that they aren't good people. Shawn may have raped his brotherís wife and Paul is an alcoholic. With this new found information Paul doesn't want Shawn anywhere near the ax and takes hold of it himself.

They each start questioning their lives and self-made choices, wondering if this is some form of punishment. The other person finally wakes up, only to discover that something has taken her voice. She becomes frantic and doesnít trust either one of them. She gets hold of the ax and tries to kill them, but Paul is able to calm her down. Soon they learn that she has also done immoral things. She was a prostitute in prison before awaking as a voiceless human.

Together they investigate the room, looking for clues they may have missed. The Sleeping Beauty, as they call her, discovers a picture of Shawn standing over them with the bloody ax. Shawn tells them that isnít possible because heís not a cold bloodied killer. Shawn soon realizes that something supernatural is taking place when a voice swoops him away and talks to him while the others are nowhere to be found.

Paul and the Sleeping Beauty soon learn that something supernatural is taking place as well because the same thing happens to them. An unknown entity is plotting them against each other for unknown reasons. It tells them that they have until the timer reaches zero to kill each other or face his wrath. As the timer counts down they are tested by a supernatural force that enjoys playing mind games and stealing their senses. They must figure out what it truly wants before the timer reaches zero and the entity rises.

The script features strong language, brief nudity, and strong violence. If interested please contact me (xzilez26[at]gmail.com). The full script is available upon request.

Thank you,

Russell

As for the sale it's 2 - 5 percent of your budget. For example if your budget is 20,000 dollars I'll sale for $400 - $1000 with a writer's credit. Everything is negotiable.
    Last edited by xzilez; 10-09-2013, 08:41 AM. Reason: SOLD

What about 500

Comment

Good luck!
      L A Morgan
      Novels, Screenplays, Short Scripts, and Music
      http://lamorganwriter.com

Comment

hmm interesting. While they all may have made poor life choices, it seems to me the only person who has actually done anything wrong is Shawn. I wonder if this plays into it.

I don't have the budget to buy a script at the moment, but it sounds like something I would watch.

Comment

500 is good. Let's talk.

Comment

Looking to sale this micro budget script for 400 or more. The script can be produced with a budget of 5000 or more. If interested contact me.

Comment

http://russtdavis.wix.com/russell-davis

Link to my starter website to learn more about me and my scripts.

Comment

I've updated the script and placed the whole thing up here. If you want to buy it just contact me.

Comment

Just a question, would you be interested in selling the script for a production outside US?

Comment

This script has sold. I have another named sinners in the horror section.

Comment

Did you sell it to someone from this website? If not, how did you sell it?

Comment

I sent many queries out to production companies in the us, canada, uk, and Australia. I also used this forum and others. I use trigger street labs for reviews and improvement. I did this constantly for months always looking for a buyer. Had a couple of suitors but this guy really wanted it. I had to have marketed this script to 100s of companies, agencies, etc. All you got to do to sell a script is keep trying and keep writing to improve your craft. It took me about a year and a half to sell this one and now I have an agency interested in signing me too. Just keep at it. You'll break down those walls.

Comment

Was there one method that yielded the most results? Were the queries by snail mail or email? Did you use Inktip or Blacklist? Were the forums useful as sales tool? Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Was there one method that yielded the most results?

Yes. I sent query emails and snail mails as well. I've got most of my requests from that method. I've got requests from using this forum as well. so I can tell you this forum is a good resource.

Did you use Inktip or Blacklist?

I did use Inktip and the Blacklist. I got a lot of downloads from Inktip but that's as far as it went. I noticed some legit companies and some big name companies on the download list but I also noticed some shady and straight out of film school "producers" as well so do your research on them if they contact you. Blacklist is a good source as well, but their readers are very tough. They deal with writers who have a rep and long time professionals as well so if your script isn't polished, ready to shoot, and marketable you're going to have a rough time getting noticed there and waste your money.

I had to learn the hard way and pulled the script, but now I'm a much, much better writer than before and is ready to give it another go. I would also recommend joining Trigger street labs. You get to read scripts from other writers and get yours reviewed as well. Those reviews will help you fix your errors, improve the overall clarity of your script, and get some thought provoking suggestions.

Comment

Working...
                            X