Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Drama with a bit more.

- Joe,

I have a completed drama script with bits of thriller, comedy, and ultimately revenge thrown in. While its logline may allude to an action/thriller, the script is actually quite serious as it follows three strangers through this great upheaval in their lives. It's very character-driven and can be made on a very low budget, without sacrificing any story, if needed.

In regards to your want of tears, this script will leave you and any other audience member wiping your eyes secretively as you sit beside your friends watching. (I know I've done so after many movies) I write all of my stories with the end goal being to hit the audience with a train - whether that be from comedy, a twist, or a mixed feeling of happiness and sorrow as is the case in this script.

I'm not sure as to what you'd like discussed here, (logline, synopsis, etc.) so I'll await your response and I can send you those whenever you'd like.

The script has had interest from a variety of production companies yet hasn't seen an option yet.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.
    - Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Joe View Post
      Hey guys, Great site Nick

I am currently looking for a Drama that will bring tears to the audience.

Let me know if you have one interested in selling, or writing.

Nice, I have one.

What do you need for start - logline & synopsis only?

Comment

submissions for full feature drama

Hi Nick,
        These are tear jerkers, romances. One's drama suspense. One's dramedy.

HOOKED, contained suspense drama, 2010 American International Film Festival, Best Movie Script Feature; 2011 Page Awards, First Round; 2011 Scriptapalooza Semifinalist; Official Selection, 2011 Columbia Gorge International

SCRATCHERS, drug deal gone wrong dramedy, Honorable Mention in the 2010 LA Film & Script Festival; Semifinalist, 2010 Annual Writer's Network Screenplay & Fiction Competition; Official Selection, 2011 Columbia Gorge International

Tell me if you want a synopsis or a script.

Kind regards,
        Dave
        annasikoria[at]aol.com

Comment

Originally posted by David Allingham View Post
          Hi Nick,
          These are tear jerkers, romances. One's drama suspense. One's dramedy.

HOOKED, contained suspense drama, 2010 American International Film Festival, Best Movie Script Feature; 2011 Page Awards, First Round; 2011 Scriptapalooza Semifinalist; Official Selection, 2011 Columbia Gorge International

SCRATCHERS, drug deal gone wrong dramedy, Honorable Mention in the 2010 LA Film & Script Festival; Semifinalist, 2010 Annual Writer's Network Screenplay & Fiction Competition; Official Selection, 2011 Columbia Gorge International

Tell me if you want a synopsis or a script.

Kind regards,
          Dave
          annasikoria[at]aol.com
          I may be interested in checking out Hooked
          Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

Comment

Looking for Drama

Hi Joe,

I’ve written a suspense drama feature script, THE ORGANIC SVENGALI. It won The Best Low Budget Script Award at The Female Eye Film Festival, won an Actors Choice Award at The Screenwriters Conference in Santa Fe, and finished well in other screenwriting contests.

Logline: A young woman haunted by lost memories falls in love with a mysterious, scientific-minded music professor, whose secret experiments help her recall her devastating past - but also start stealing memories of the present.

I am interested in selling the script.

Comment

Hey Joe I know you've received a number of responses but I figured I'd throw mine out there too just in case.

I have written a feature length screenplay entitled, BETWEEN DREAMING & DROWNING that I hope will meet your interests. My film focuses on the psychological revolution of an ex-Army Ranger that travels to Burning Man in order to regain his lost hope in humanity.

BETWEEN DREAMING & DROWNING is set in September 2011. For most people in the U.S. it is a time of economic and military turmoil. Especially for soldiers like Jacob Cole, while in Afghanistan he experiences one particularly scarring event that leads to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Unable to emotionally overcome the horrors he experienced, Jacob comes home angry at the world and turns to drinking and lashing out. Sam, (his only family) is worried about her brother, she hopes that taking him to Burning Man will restore his faith in humanity. After a night in the local drunk tank, Jacob begrudgingly agrees to go along with his sister and her friends.

Jacob manages to keep a fairly open mind upon first arriving, giving his sister hope for him yet. With a little encouragement from his sister’s friends, like the beautiful Lana, Jacob throws him self full force into the BM experience. But lurking in the shadows of Jacob's mind are the emotional scars he's brought home with him. As the week passes, participants challenge Jacob’s anger and resentment in unexpected ways forcing him to reevaluate his life. Jacob begins to heal through interactions with incredible art, life changing music and a vibrant community based on radical self-expression.

The end of the week rapidly approaches as Jacob works to sort through his emotional problems. Little does he know, before the week is over is over, a half 8th of magic mushrooms pressed into a heart shaped piece of chocolate will be the catalyst that brings him face to face with his most amazing dreams and the worst of his fears.

This is my first full-length script. I am a 27-year-old U.S. Navy Veteran. For 5 years I served as a Military Police Officer, including 1 year at the infamous Enemy Combatant Detention Facility in Guantanamo, Cuba as a Prison Guard. I am now a full time Film Studies student living in the Santa Cruz, Ca area. I have attended Burning Man for the last three consecutive years.

Thank you for your consideration.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe View Post
                Hey guys, Great site Nick

I am currently looking for a Drama that will bring tears to the audience.

Let me know if you have one interested in selling, or writing.
                I have a noir family drama with some dark humor that will fill the bill. It is based on my most recent novel "Cast the First Stone" Log line and synopsis can be found at Scripts | Cheers.
                Shawn Rohrbach MFA
                www.shawnrohrbach.com

Comment

Hey Joe,

Below is the logline for my finished, 110-page drama/thriller named "Geisha".

Logline: A naive, Japanese-American prostitute repeatedly attempts to escape her abusive life after learning about her Asian culture from an older immigrant.

I am a produced playwright, produced radio playwright, published author, published comic book writer, and have worked as a writer/producer/director/editor for Global Television. Please email me at janssensken[at]hotmail.com if you have any questions. Thanks.

Comment

Hi Joe,
                    I’ve had three produced feature films, the latest of which just won Best Picture at the Monaco International Film Festival.

When not on the set, I write! I've written 5 complete, feature-length, highly emotional dramas that may interest you. Please let us know if you wish to see any of these scripts. If so, please provide your name, background and credits. My bio and credits follow.
                    Cheers,

Richard A. Lasser

1. THE STORE NEXT DOOR
                    Logline: When a troubled young couple, struggling to recover from the loss of their child, becomes ensnared in the dangerous world of human sex trafficking, they must choose whether to live for themselves or risk their lives to free a young mother and her little girl.

2. SKY
                    Logline: Sky, a magnificent white stallion, helps a 10-year old girl believe in herself, win the show jumping championships and save the family farm.

3. SULTAN
                    Logline: A young black man must decide between a singing career and a sports career. But his options are limited when his mother dies and he goes to jail.

4. BALD
                    Logline: Two women take a sometimes tragic, sometimes tragically funny cross country trip and find the destination is within.

5. WHEN I GROW UP
                    Logline: When an abused, 49-year old woman tries to reclaim her life by becoming an MD, her problems only get worse

My bio follows:
                    Education

• Bachelor of Arts, English Honors Program: University of Virginia
                    • Master of Arts Coursework: University of Virginia, UCLA
                    • Robert McKee’s Story Structure Class, Los Angeles

Employment History

• Sindika Productions
                    Freelance Screenwriter: November 2011-Present
                    London, England
                    I was hired to write the feature-length screenplay “The Gypsy Queen”, a dark comedy, based on the production company’s notes and outline. Work involves extensive research into Gypsy (Roma) culture, history, mores, beliefs and language. I am to deliver a feature length screenplay which will go into production for theatrical release.
                    • Grace Chang
                    Freelance Screenwriter: April-June, 2011
                    Brooklyn, NY
                    I was hired to develop a TV series, “Jin Jin”, based on the producer’s books, notes and outline.
                    • Nnegest Likke
                    Freelance Screenwriter: February 2011-April 2011
                    Los Angeles, CA
                    I was hired to write a feature-length screenplay, a historical drama, based on the producer’s notes and outline. The title and subject matter of the proposed picture is confidential.
                    • Liberty Studios
                    Freelance Screenwriter and Consultant: 2005-2011
                    San Diego, CA
                    I was hired to write the feature-length screenplay “The Glass House”, a historical drama, based on the production company’s notes, treatment, and outline. The film then went into production. Subsequently, the production company hired me on 3 separate occasions to rewrite scenes to be reshot and to give development notes on how to improve the rough cut. The film is now in production.
                    • Keivan Towfigh
                    Freelance Screenwriter: January-March, 2010
                    Boston, MA
                    I was hired to write the feature-length screenplay “Sultan”, a drama, based on the production company’s notes and outline.

Richard Lasser Resume, page 2

• Mark O’Hara
                    Freelance Screenwriter: February-March 2009
                    San Francisco, CA
                    I was hired to write a pilot and episode outline for the animated series “Moronica”, a dark comedy, based on the producer’s notes and outline
                    • PQUBD Films
                    Freelance Screenwriter: December 2009-February 2010
                    Los Angeles, CA
                    I was hired to write the feature-length documentary screenplay “The Shift of the Ages”, based on the production company’s notes and footage. The film is now in production.
                    • McMullen Films
                    Freelance Screenwriter: February 2009-April 2009
                    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
                    I was hired to write the feature-length screenplay “CGY”, an action/thriller, based on the production company’s notes and outline.
                    • Valcic Productions
                    Freelance Screenwriter: December 2008-February 2009
                    Paris, France
                    I was hired to write a treatment the feature-length screenplay “The Cubicle”, a dark comedy, based on the production company’s notes and outline.
                    • The Soup Factory
                    Freelance Screenwriter: May-September 2009
                    New Orleans, LA
                    I was hired to write a treatment the feature-length screenplay “Music From the Other
                    Side”, a fantasy thriller, based on the production company’s notes and outline
                    • Mutressa Movies
                    Freelance Screenwriter: 2007
                    Boston, MA
                    I was hired to write the feature-length screenplay “The Tricks of Love”, a romantic comedy, based on the production company’s notes and outline. The film then went into production. The film won Best Picture, Best Supporting Actor, Best Actress and Best Supporting Actress (for Natasha Lyonne) at the Monaco International Film Festival in December, 2008. The picture is now is distribution.
                    • February Entertainment, Ltd.
                    Freelance Screenwriter: January –March 2006
                    Hong Kong, China
                    I was hired to rewrite the feature-length screenplay “The Counting House”, a sci-fi/horror thriller, based on the production company’s first draft and notes. The film then went into production and was shot for $1.5 million, featuring international star Maggie Q.
                    • Ordenana Productions
                    Freelance Screenwriter: November 2005-February 2006
                    New York, NY
                    I was hired to write the feature-length screenplay “Journey to the West”, an animated comedy, based on the book by the same title.
                    Richard Lasser Resume, page 3

• Mulder/Tongco Entertainment
                    Freelance Screenwriter: May-August 2005
                    Beverly Hills, CA
                    I was hired to write the feature-length screenplay “The Pearl of the Orient”, a historical drama, based on the production company’s notes and outline
                    • Sindika Productions
                    Freelance Screenwriter: September-November 2005
                    London, England
                    I was hired to rewrite the feature-length screenplay “Ivan and Maria”, a historical drama, based on the production company’s first draft and outline
                    • Blue Moose Productions
                    Freelance Screenwriter: April 2005
                    Cincinnati, OH
                    I was hired to write "Stepping Out to Vancouver" a buddy/road dramedy from the producer’s notes.
                    • Garbo Productions
                    Freelance Screenwriter: January-March 2005
                    Santa Ana, CA
                    I was hired to write the feature-length screenplay "Happy New Year", a true life thriller, based on a book and the producer’s notes.
                    • Kumar Shah
                    Freelance Screenwriter: March-June 2004
                    Brooklyn, NY
                    I was hired to write the feature-length screenplay "Time Bomb", a true life thriller, based on scientific research and the producer’s notes.
                    • Morgan Street Productions
                    Freelance Screenwriter: January-March 2004
                    Dana Point, CA
                    I was hired to write “Sky”, a fantasy/drama, from the producer’s notes and outline.
                    • Buck Kalinowski Productions
                    Freelance Screenwriter: November-December 2003
                    Hartford, CT
                    I was hired to write “Cupid and Arrow”, a fantasy/drama, from the producer’s notes, books and outline.
                    • Michael Anteski
                    Freelance Screenwriter: November-December 2002
                    Santa Fe, NM
                    I was hired to write the feature-length screenplay, 'Treasure”, an action thriller based on historical documents and the producer’s notes.
                    • Mondo Entertainment
                    Freelance Screenwriter: 2001-2002
                    Los Angeles, CA
                    I was hired to write the feature-length screenplay “The Happy Frenchman”, a dramedy, based on the production company’s treatment, notes and outline

Richard Lasser Resume, page 4

Produced Feature Films
                    • “The Tricks of Love”, Mutressa Movies, 2008 , writer Tricks of Love (2008) - IMDb
                    • “The Counting House”, February Entertainment, 2007, writer IMDb - The Counting House (2007)
                    • The Chosen Few, Ivu Pictures, 2002, writer, co-producer The Chosen Few (2002) - IMDb

Produced Short Films
                    • “I Scream”, Late Bloomer Films, 2007 I Scream (2007) - IMDb

Produced Stage Plays
                    • “The Impeachment Trial of George W. Bush”, playwright. Produced in San
                    Francisco, May 2008

Scripts Currently Optioned
                    • “Peacocks”, optioned by Beautiful Calf Productions
                    • “The Cellist,” optioned by Great Falls Moving Pictures

Awards
                    • “The Tricks of a Woman”, Best Picture, Best Supporting Actor, Best Actress, Best Supporting Actress, Monaco International Film Festival, 2008
                    • “The Chosen Few” Award of Excellence-Feature Category, Berkeley Film
                    Festival, 2002; Official Selection Vancouver Island Film Festival, 2002
                    • Chesterfield Writers Awards – Semi-Finalist
                    “Young Love” New Century Writers Awards – Finalist
                    • “Bedroom City” Official Selection for IFP Market 2006, No Borders Section.

Published Books and Magazine Articles
                    • “Great Vegetables From the Great Chefs- A Compendium of Recipes and
                    Anecdotes” , with a preface by M.F.K. Fisher, Chronicle Books, San Francisco,
                    1990, (under the nom de plume Baba S. Khalsa) http://www.amazon.com/Great-Vegetabl...fs-Compendium- Anecdotes/dp/039951726X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1323968133&sr=8-1
                    • “Great Desserts From the Great Chefs”, Chronicle Books, San Francisco, 1994, (under the nom de plume Baba S. Khalsa)
                    http://www.amazon.com/Great-Desserts-Chefs-Baba- Kahlsa/dp/0811802817/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1323968312&sr
                    =1-1
                    • Numerous articles for The New York Times, Los Angeles Times, Food and
                    Wine Magazine

Richard Lasser Resume, page 5

Teaching Experience
                    • IFP, Independent Feature Project, Lecturer and Seminar Leader to new screenwriters on screenwriting topics such as formatting, structure and breaking into the business. New York and Portland, OR
                    • University of Virginia, Graduate Teaching Assistant and Lecturer

References upon Request

Comment

Hey Joe ... and not in The Jimi Hendrix Experience sense even

though it is a Classic Rocker.

I've been at this Crazy Screenwriting Thing for a Long Time.

I think I might have a Project or Two that You might Consider.

One that immediately comes to mind ...

“NO PARTICULAR PLACE TO GO”

A heartwarming Dramatic Comedy about an Escaped Convict who ends up hiding out with a bus load of Down Syndrome and Emotionally Disturbed Men on their way to a Summer Camp in New England.

The fun really begins when Our Convict cons his way onto the Staff of the Camp. Now he must deal with all the madness, hilarity and love that’s constantly bombarding him.

It’s enough to drive a person crazy and quite possibly Straight.

“No Particular Place To Go" is a Story filled with heart, humor and the joy of the Human

Spirit.

Thanks for Listening, Joe and Good Luck.

Murph

Comment

Stan,"the man"-Inspirational sports drama

This is a good heartfelt sports drama that will touch everyone, especially those who have had to deal with a family member who suffers with alcoholism. It reveals a coaches struggles and his victories on the road to finding himself and his faith.

Logline:
                        He went from coaching in the Super bowl to living on the street because of alcoholism. Now he must face his demon in order to take a small Christian school to it's first state football championship.

Synopsis:
                        Stan had coached a team to Super bowl victory, but he was struggling with his latest team. He turned to alcohol for comfort and a way to cope with the stress of the big games. Now, in his third season with a team still trying to make it to the playoffs, he loses his cool while being drunk on the sidelines and assaults a player. Banned from the NFL and labeled a drunk, he continues to go deeper into the bottle. He is confronted by his wife about his drinking and he hits her. Still not accepting he has a problem, he shows up at court intoxicated. The judge sentences him to 3 months in jail. Once released from jail, he promised to at least be a father to his daughter Abbie and, when he goes to pick her up, he is drunk. He is arrested and sentenced to 3 months in jail again and alcohol treatment. After his release, he discovers that no colleges will have him as a coach. He goes on a drinking binge that lasts for several weeks. No longer employed or paying any of his bills, he is locked out of his own house by the bank. Out of anger he breaks into the house and, again, is arrested.

Living in the park and eating at the local soup kitchen, he bums money where he can so that he can get his alcohol. The Christian high school that is involved with the soup kitchen becomes in need of a football coach when their coach of 35 years suffers from a heart attack in the preseason. While Stan is eating one morning, he sneaks a shot of whiskey into his coffee and is kicked out by Kalissa. The director recognizes him and tells principle Andrews that it is divine intervention that Stan happened to be at their soup kitchen when they are in need of a coach. With a promise of food and a little money, Stan agrees to take the job.

Principle Andrews realizes right away that Stan is going to be a lot of hard work. On the first night, Stan gets drunk and falls sleeps in the auditorium in his underwear on a pommel horse which scares the girls coming in for their PE class. Stan makes several more mistakes along the way and, at one point, he is almost fired. After being sober for almost a week, he gets temped into drinking just one drink and, from there, he goes on an all night drinking binge. A player tries to sneak him back to the male dorm room but their picture is caught on a cell phone and is placed in the school paper. Kalissa stops principle Andrews from firing Stan and she goes to him herself. Stan finally admits he has a problem and asks for help. She introduces him to Jesus and his life begins to change. He has taken the team to the semi-finals in the state high school playoffs and everything is going well, but for some reason, Stan begins to act like he is drunk again. He becomes bizarre and passes out in the playing field. The school board and everyone else are calling for his head except the people who believe in him. Kalissa speaks with the doctor and finds out that Stan is an undiagnosed diabetic, which saves his job. He takes them to the state finals where he coaches his team to a win in the toughest game of their lives.

Comment

Love is Colorless

Logline:
                          During a Police officers investigation to arrest a large drug dealer he comes across 3 children that are left alone after their mother dies from a heroin overdose. He takes them home just for the night to get them something to eat, but finds himself not wanting to give them up to family services.

Synopsis:
                          Young-Soo and Me-Yah moved to American to start a better life, with hard work they were able to opened a Korean food market a year later. Now, 17 years later their children help out in the store. In the apartment two doors down lives Edith and her 3 children, all born out of wedlock to unknown fathers. She provides for her kids the best way she knows how by prostituting for a pimp and a drug dealer. Addicted to drugs in her late teens she is now dependent on selling herself to feed her children and her habit. Me-Yah’s best friend is Min-Jee who is married to a white police officer named Bruce. They had tried twice before to have a baby, both times ending in a miscarriage. She is now 8 months pregnant and believes this time they will have their baby. Her father and mother are coming to visit, only because she informed them she is having a boy. Min Jee’s father has been raised to only honor sons and grandsons, but he still has resentment that his daughter has married an American man.
                          While out on patrol with his partner, Sanchez they come across a 10 year old boy overdosing. They work on the boy until the paramedics arrive, not knowing if he will live. Their town like many others is infested with drugs, a dealer name Reaper is the main supplier and he is also Edith’s pimp.
                          While Min-jee is shopping at the Korean store 3 teenage thugs enter and rob the place. One teenager wants Min-Jee’s purse and when it won’t come off her shoulder he knocks her down and takes it. While she lays there bleeding waiting for EMS, her friend Me-yah comforts her. Bruce is told by a doctor when he arrives that the baby has died, and that Min Jee had an emergency hysterectomy to save her life.
                          With Christmas only 5 days away Maddox Edith’s oldest child, shows his sister and brother a little Christmas tree he has made at school and hid under the kitchen sink. Edith refuses to allow them to have a tree, not knowing about the little tree under the sink. Two days later Kassandra has snicked a photo album out of her mother’s room and is looking at. Edith at first gets mad and then looks through it with the children. She finds a picture of her mother and Maddox asks if they can go see her. Edith puts them to bed and looks at the pictures again, feeling homesick she calls her mother.
                          Her mother is nasty and mean reminder her that she is nothing more, than a whore and drug addict. She tells her that she should never call again much less bring her children there. Heart broken and depressed, Edith returns to her room to get high with heroin. Sanchez is following up on a lead at the apartment building when a young hit man puts 3 bullets into him Sanchez returns fire, killing the young boy. The gun fire echo’s through the building. Maddox can’t understand why his mother isn’t up from all the noise and goes to investigate. He discovers Edith’s dead from an overdose and lies beside her in tears.

Comment

Ok guys, just got back from a shoot...

Let me read through these :0

Comment

Emo script

NOW PLAYING (106 pp) Low Budget

Unresolved childhood trauma drives a troubled man to hold dozen teens captive in a movie theater and game them to participate in a thrilling, unforgettable night of depravity and destruction.

Very emotional ending. Four quadrant, male-female balanced. Domestic and international appeal. RECOMMEND coverage by Jack Scagnetti Agency. John Greer attached.

Emil

emil2u at yahoo dot com

Comment

Hi Joe, I have a short feature drama script revolving around Alzheimer's Disease that is emotionally charged. Based upon a short story I wrote entitled "Time Flyz" that was published in the Yale Anlgers Journal, it is an interlude in the tale of two sons coping with onset of Alzheimer's Disease in their father set against the family passion for fly fishing in Montana's Yellowstone River. Please let me know if you would like to see more. Thanks.

Jack
                                Last edited by JNT; 02-01-2012, 03:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X