Amazon Studios?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazon Studios?

Has anyone ever entered a script into Amazon Studios?

Since it's free and you can potentially make money (what's that?), I uploaded a script.

Yesterday (first day) it was 0 for 2 in the Premise war battles. Today it's 4 out of 6. Anyone know what that is? I looked all over the site and can't seem to find the meaning of it.

Originally posted by UniqueAmI View Post
    Has anyone ever entered a script into Amazon Studios?

Since it's free and you can potentially make money (what's that?), I uploaded a script.

Yesterday (first day) it was 0 for 2 in the Premise war battles. Today it's 4 out of 6. Anyone know what that is? I looked all over the site and can't seem to find the meaning of it.
    Premise War
    These are battles between actual movie ideas at Amazon Studios. Click the title to learn more about a project. See the battle results for any premise on its project page.

From their site. Not sure what the purpose is beyond that.

Comment

Last year, my screenplay Going, Going, Gone won 20k. I don't know what's going on now since they seem to be focused on television.

Comment

Dumb question: When you say your script won $20,000 does that mean you received $20,000, or even a part of $20,000? Thanks.

Comment

I received a check for 20,000 dollars for an 18 month option. I didn't have to share it with anyone because I was the sole writer.

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS! That's so cool.

What was it like seeing that check? I received one check for the royalties on my flick, and it wasn't for a fraction of twenty grand. I photocopied it. As a matter of fact, the first twenty dollars I ever got for playing live is in a frame.
            Last edited by UniqueAmI; 10-04-2012, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Hm how exactly does it work?

Actually pretty interested in this.
              http://www.youtube.com/user/TheOnlyHavey

Comment

You submit a script publicly or privately. I submitted privately. I don't know if the people who work for Amazon Studios understand how to read a screenplay. But, I believe the vast majority of the public doesn't understand the complexities of a well written screenplay.

They have 45 days to decide if they want to option your script. If they do, I think you get $10,000. If your movie gets made, you get $200,000.

I think the fact they haven't released a movie yet, and they have quite a few scripts submitted, tells you just how hard it is to find a decent script.

Triggerstreet's first release was "The United States of Leland". I watched it because Sherilyn Fenn was in it. It was AWFUL!

Writing a decent script is hard. I don't know how good my scripts are. But, I do know I show the story and don't tell it. That's the first part of the battle.

Comment

Originally posted by payperfilm View Post
                  I received a check for 20,000 dollars for an 18 month option. I didn't have to share it with anyone because I was the sole writer.
                  Congrats!!!! Did you submit this year as well?????
                  Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

Comment

I didn't submit this year because I don't have anything to submit. I only write feature film screenplays and Amazon Studios is focusing on television for the most part. This year the terms have changed for the better. You only commit to 45 days which isn't a long time.

Comment

Payperfilm: When you submitted, was it public or private?

I submitted privately, and it only has 2 downloads. Is that bad? If the one of the two enjoyed it, shouldn't it have been passed on to someone higher?

Do you remember how many downloads you had in the 45 day critique period?

Comment

When I submitted, there was no option for a private submission. The two downloads may be a default number rather than a sign someone is interested in the screenplay. Last year, a few of the winners had NO downloads registered before they were announced as winners. I would check the Amazon Studios forum for more information. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                        X