No announcement yet.

Is the setting for my script realistic?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the setting for my script realistic?

Iíve written a horror screenplay, 72 pages, about tourists that crash land their tour helicopter on a Mesa (small tabletop plateau) in Mťxico. They are trapped on the Mesa as it is basically inaccessible from the ground, and little do they know a predatory creature that evolved independently of the outside world on the Mesa is thirsting for human flesh. The Mesa is covered in thick, dense tropical jungle, as well as containing a network of cave systems. Is the Mexican Mesa Iíve created in my script believable enough do you think?
    All opinions are welcome, thanks!

My impression is that mesas are usually dry, rather than jungle. Maybe just avoid calling it that.
    Screenwriter and script consultant: www.maralesemann.com

Comment

It is okay in my opinion, maybe you should make it into a sci fi movie, if you wanna go on with the horror genre try to develop the fear element on other things beside the landscape

Comment

Good point Mara, thanks for the tip. Plateau probably.
        Last edited by Doda Apemen; 09-30-2018, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Hadelije Productions, I believe you have misunderstood. The fear element is the monster (which I have yet to give a name), and the location only ADDS to the fear.
          This is because:
          1. A tabletop plateau/Mesa is isolated so basically no way to escape.
          2. Being trapped in a relatively small, claustrophobic area (Thick jungle no clearings) with a monster is scary.

This question was simply more geared towards the location because of my attention to detail. In reality it isnít complicated, just a small jungle plateau. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
          Last edited by Doda Apemen; 09-30-2018, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X