Screenplay contests?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screenplay contests?

Hi new to forum. Been writing for a long time but never really pursued publishing or producing anything. I was wondering if contests were a good place to start? Having a submission deadline seems like a good motivator and it seems like a good way to network. Do they all have entry fees? Have any other writers found this to a credible way to get your name out there?

There are lots, but many do it to collect a fee as they know there are lots of writers out there. Ill keep my eyes out for any legit ones. Im sure someone here may know of some good ones.

Maybe think about entering a festival for scripts? I know AOF "Action on film" festival has script awards
    Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

Comment

Victor Salva, director of the Jeepers Creepers series and Clownhouse, wrote in his blog (which is extremely interesting btw) about a screenplay he wrote which was entered in some contest and is being produced later this year I believe. I think this is it:

The Blood List

Comment

I'm leery of most everything (I'm paranoid, leave me alone). But, if you want to enter some contests go to

MovieBytes.comŽ Screenwriting Contests: index.cfm

There's a list of numerous contests. Under one heading is FREE CONTESTS. This way you don't pay anything to not have your script read.;)

Comment

Working...
        X